Career Openings in an International Education Consultancy Company (PFL Education)
PFL Education is an international education consultancy with global presence in Asia, Africa, America, Australia, Dubai and Canada and the UK and operating in Nigeria since 1997. We represent the interest of several institutions in Australia, Canada, Dubai, New Zealand, USA and United Kingdom.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Reports to: Partner Relation Manager
- To increase brand awareness.
- To develop and establish strong business relationships in the formal and informal sector.
- To coordinate public relations efforts.
- To generate and develop new business opportunities.
- To focus purely on marketing & selling.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Business Development Manager in any case must be carried out by him/her only. The primary job duties and responsibilities are detailed as under.
Planning & Conceptualizing:
- Plan & conceptualize innovative ideas/ways to increase PFL business
- Generate and follow up business leads, create partnerships with institutions.
- Develop sound annual/quarterly marketing plan for the company’s business.
Market Analysis & Benchmarking:
- Local mapping of target audience and developing the plan of action accordingly.
- Identification and penetration of new market segments for attainment of targets with a view to optimize revenue and taking care of PR and branding activities.
- Provide input during budgeting on cost involvement with respect to business development, branding etc. and various below the line marketing/ promotional initiatives.
- Develop competitive sales strategies for deeper market penetration.
- Create opportunities for the SRO teams to register students brought in through business development activities.
- Responsible for executing overall business marketing plan and lead generation.
- Presenting PFL to potential Schools and Universities through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail to ensure all sales opportunities are captured and explored.
- Prospecting, Identifying, & generating new business and generating additional business from those institutions which provide students to PFL.
- To establish and develop relationships with NGOs and commercial organizations sponsoring students to study abroad.
- Implement effective network for consistent growth and better market penetration.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation;
- sales pitch; negotiation; close; handover to the SROs teams.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field. A Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years with at least 3 years experience in the area of international education.
- Proven success in bringing business ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the Business Development process.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual.
- Be updated with business related market intelligence reports.
- Organize constant brand promotion and marketing using innovative cost-effective methods.
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities.
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
Job Title: Student Counselor
Locations: Ikeja and Victoria Island, Lagos
- To effectively recruit students of high quality to register with PFL Education;
- Handle the conversion process from applications to visas for all students registered with the Counsellor;
- To achieve at least 80% conversion ratio per intake with all registered students.
Core Working Relationships:
- Front Desk Officer/CRM Officer, Virtual Counselling Team, Assistant Manager, Branch Manager, Marketing Manager, Human Resources, General Manager
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Marketing and Promoting PFL institutions to prospective students
- Develop and initiate student recruitment strategies that will have good return on investment.
- Identify opportunities, develop plans and initiate alliances that will strengthen the PFL brand and ensure with relevant organizations including scholarship bodies.
- Counsel and provide up-to-date information and choices available to prospective students
- Maintain full update on all PFL partner institutions regarding courses, materials and procedures
- Ensure constant communication with enquirers and walk in clients.
- Achieve agreed targets for each intake
- Provide timely and accurate updates to regarding student recruitment activities.
- Provide appropriate counselling to prospective applicants on suitable courses and study options at the University/College.
- Conversion of all prospective clients – ensuring clients register
- Provide overall excellent service to all clients
- Update and provide weekly reports to the Branch Manager on student status, application, enquiries and registrations
- Provide full visa counselling guidance for registered applicants
- Processing and forwarding clients applications to institutions of choice
- Inform Branch Manager of any delay regarding applications from different universities
- Meet with students and sponsors to ensure appropriate requirements for course applications are met.
- Provide comprehensive support service to applicants during the application and conversion process
- Using CRM operations to log-on applications to institutions for monitoring, follow-up and conversion
- Handle general enquires for all PFL divisions
- Any other related task that may be assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- A first degree from a reputable tertiary institution with the demonstration of key skills required at degree level – Essential
- Experience of working in international education – Essential
- Marketing experience especially in international education – Required
- Considerable experience in a customer facing role – Essential
- Experience in an administrative role – Essential
- Knowledgeable and widely read.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organisational skills – Essential
- Good report writing and analytical skills – Essential
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite – Essential
- Knowledge of international higher education – Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
- Working knowledge of marketing principles and the local market terrain – Desirable
- Confident and professional demeanor
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Organised and methodical approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 9th February, 2019.