Job Vacancies at Solidaridad West Africa (SWA)
Solidaridad West Africa (SWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the sustainable development of production systems in West Africa. We play a catalytic role by partnering with private sector companies and other stakeholders to foster the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. Our activities in West Africa are focused on cocoa, gold, oil palm, cotton, soy and other commodities.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire and Liberia.
The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program seeks to recruit highly qualified and motivated staff in the capacity below:
Job Title: Programme Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) Officer
- The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, Ghana and currently has programmes and operations in Sierra Leone, Cameroon, Cote O’lvoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
- The Solidaridad Nigeria Country Program, seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer
- The position would be based initially in Abuja and later in one of the towns/cities in the oil palm belt in Nigeria.
- The incumbent will be responsible for data collection, analysis, and tracking project performance as well reporting for several projects
- He/she will also ensure quality implementation throughout project cycle
- In addition, he/she will support the country office in the actualization of their strategic plans aligned to the vision of Solidaridad.
Planning and Design:
- Design the monitoring and evaluation tools and forms for the project
- Participate in project planning process including Project, Resource, Financial, Quality, Risk and Reporting plans
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation data collection activities, including logistics of form distribution and collection
- Monitor the Performance Management Plans (PMP) for the project and provide key information to management for planning/decision making
- Participate in the design, data collection and analysis of surveys and routine data
- Facilitate utilization of data for decision making and documentation of best practices/lessons learnt
Evaluation and Reporting:
- Participate in the development of the evaluation design, tools, protocols and procedures for the project
- Generate reports in compliance with the organizations and donor procedures and agreements in the award
- In accordance with donor requirements, create, maintain procedures for capturing and publishing monthly, quarterly and annual project technical reports
- Review and provide feedback to reports by affiliates
- Identify opportunities for operations research during implementation
- Prepare the M&E reports for submission to the Project Managers and PMEL Coordinator
- Ensure data quality through conducting quarterly DQA/RDQA and reporting.
- Take part in resource mobilization through participation in proposal development with other program staff.
- Design, implement and evaluate projects with an aspect of resource mobilization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Agricultural Economics, Project Management, or relevant subject, preferably with specialization in Research, Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 3-5 years experience in the implementation of international development programs, including substantial experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection analysis and management, quantitative and qualitative research;
- Experience with the DCEO standard and private sector development is a plus;
- Experience in working with policy makers, researchers, consultants and knowledge brokers in international Cooperation;
- Experience in using data analyses tools (SPSS, Stata or similar tools)
- Experience in technical report writing and research activities Capable of working in a dynamic, inter-cultural, multi-stakeholder setting;
- Able to travel extensively within the country;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to produce professional reports in English language.
Job Title: Programme Officer – Communications, Outreach and Networking
Our activities in West Africa are focused on sustainable cocoa and oil palm production, responsible gold mining and food security. As one of the Regional Expertise Centres (REC) within Solidaridad’s Network.
We are part of a growing global organization advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade. SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through introduction of innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy.
The Solidaridad regional office is based in Accra, and currently has programmes and operations in Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire and Liberia. The Solidaridad Country Programme in Nigeria seeks to recruit a highly qualified and motivated Programme Officer for Communications, Outreach and Networking to provide effective communications, outreach/policy and networking support toward the implementation of Solidaridad Country programmes, including the ‘National Initiatives for Sustainable and Climate Smart Oil Palm Small holders’ (NISCOPS) project. The position would be based in any of the oil palm belt/States in Nigeria.
- As a member of the Regional Communications Team, the Communications Officer will strategically position Solidaridad to deliver its mandate by leading the planning, design and implementation of internal and external communications, outreach/policy and networking roles in all of Solidaridad’s work in Nigeria.
- The position reports to the Country Representative (CR) and works closely with the Regional Communications Manager.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communication, outreach/policy, networking and visibility strategy for the Nigeria Country Programme, with special focus on the NISCOPS project
- Develops and implements annual communications, outreach and networking work plans for the country programme as a contribution to the REC annual communications work plan
- Conducts communications needs assessments for the country office and develops approaches to meet the needs
- Develops regular news articles and relevant stories on programmes/projects activities and key events for dissemination on the Solidaridad website and social media platforms
- Facilitates the production of relevant multimedia products such as videos and photographs for documentation and dissemination on relevant platforms including social media
- Packages programme/project results and impacts in easily digestible formats, and disseminates to relevant national and regional audiences
- Develops a repository for communication materials and train colleagues on communication tools that ensures the right information is produced for internal documentation, knowledge sharing and external dissemination.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- University Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Development Communications; additional studies or a short course in the sustainable development sector will be an advantage
- At least 3-5 years proven working experience in corporate or project communications, knowledge management and advocacy in sustainable development
- Experience working with policy makers, government ministries, outreach and networking will be an added advantage.
Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in media relations
- Knowledge of sustainable development
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and social media platforms
- Good knowledge and experience in handling camera, design software and web-based management systems
- Strong social media presence
- Background in strategic communication for effective information provision at a project/programme level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the position in the subject.
Application Deadline 15th February, 2019.
Note: High priority would be given to qualified female applicants.