Job Vacancies at Vodacom
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Candidate is responsible for managing projects covering various telecommunications core, access technologies and products for Vodacom and Vodacom’s customers efficiently within an agreed scope, time and budget constraint, whilst also managing the clients’ expectations.
- This position is accountable to deliver and implement customer links and networks within the design parameters and on time and within budget.
- Defines clearly project objective.
- Creates and defends project budgets.
- Prepares and manages project plans and implementation schedules using MS Project and other suitable software.
- Manage operations teams and external contractors during project execution.
- Hold regular meetings with all stakeholders on project status.
- Produces Project reports for customer and internal consumption.
- Controls the project implementation process
- Assists in invoicing according to milestone.
- Assist with the preparation of bid documents.
- Assist with equipment ordering and payment of vendor/ contractor invoices.
- Escalate project issues timely
- Assist with contract negations with external suppliers.
- Perform regular quality inspections.
- The role requires a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in Satellite and wireless network management and Project Management in the Telecom environment.
- In-depth Knowledge and Experience in project management frame work is essential.
- The Preferred candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Electrical Electronics. A PMI or Prince II Certificate Management will be an added
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of the project team.
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes company exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Understands basic revenue models.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Identifies business development and “add-on” sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of Telecommunication, Satellite networks and IP technology
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- Project management with focus on Telecommunications and Satcom.
- Problem solving
- Budgeting & Scheduling
- Prioritising workload of self and others
- Risk Management
- Written and verbal communications
- Contract negotiation skills.
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Events & Sponsorship
Reporting to: EHoD Commercial
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- To ensure that the key deliverable in the marketing plan are achieved on time and budget, whilst developing new initiatives to support the overall brand strategy and assist the business to achieve its marketing objectives.
- Reporting to the EHOD Commercial, candidate will be responsible for delivery of the marketing plan as it relates to the Events and Sponsorship sector predominantly in Nigeria, but also involve in the coordination of activities with Vodacom Business Group Africa. As the first point of contact for marketing with regards to Events and Sponsorship, will coordinate marketing activities mainly in Vodacom Business Nigeria as it relates to Events and Sponsorship.
Core marketing areas include:
- Events Management.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Programmes
- Sponsorship management and promotions
- Product Marketing and Channel Support
- Vendor and Agencies Management
- Collateral material management & distribution
- The responsibilities of this role will include developing and implementing of the Commercial Sponsorship and events strategy, preparing of commercial proposals, negotiating and agreeing sponsorship opportunities with the marketing team.
- Candidate will work closely with the agencies, media vendors and corporate clients to maximise coverage.
- Candidate will build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors and events host, corporate partners, and supporters, through securing and leading new business meetings and maintaining strong relationships.
- He/she will ensure that all approaches to the corporate sector are tracked consistently, through effective use of an internal system or tracking spreadsheet.
- Preferred candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration from a reputable university.
- Experience in Telecoms or technology sector required
- A marketing qualification (e.g. CIM) would be an advantage
- 7 years post NYSC working experience with Management/Supervisory experience essential
- This role is a wide ranging and high profile one, so the candidate will therefore have a proven track record in business marketing, external communications or/and website design and management.
- Candidate will be fully IT literate, with knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and have highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Also Strong communication, sales presentation, management and leadership skills; goal-oriented, strong budgeting and ability to be creative under pressure with knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms will be required
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in B2B direct marketing, have a strong commercial grounding and possess excellent organisational skills. Building and managing project timelines and budgets with a focus on delivery and seeing assignments through to completion are personal key attributes required.
Job Related Skills:
- Have a strong customer facing presence.
- Be able to communicate across all levels within the organisations.
- Good influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Be well organised, structured and be able to drive and oversee multi-discipline projects across many companies and organisations.
Behavioral Competency Requirements:
- Formulating marketing strategies and Concepts
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Deciding and Initiating Action
Job Title: Network Support Specialist
Reporting to: Team Lead: Network Support
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- The Candidate is responsible for identifying opportunities to improve service availability, reliability and stability of both the core network and customer access network.
- The job holder will proactively identify network issues prior to the outage, thereby reducing all escalation across the business. She/he will deliver a full spectrum of customer service support and be responsible for providing top notch 2nd/3rd level support.
- Responsible for delivering a full spectrum of customer service support, providing first class 2nd/3rd line support, on-going improvement in customer satisfaction and the increased usage of all in-house and web-based application that will fast track and maintain Quality of service (QOS) as well as Quality of experience(QOE) .
- Responsible for informing SM, 3rd partner vendors and team members about network performance and service availability, primarily deals with both internal and external customers, engineers and the whole technical team
- Focus on identifying opportunities to benefit customers and offer advice and guidance in responding to customer enquiries and solicit customer feedback to improve service and use negotiation skills to resolve conflicts.
- Proactively identify network issues prior to the outage which reduces all escalation across the business.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through effective analysis and helping them to resolve issue on their link irrespective of the issue belonging to either Vodacom or customer and exceeding customer’s expectation
- Be able to communicate about networking issues effectively and in a comprehensible manner both to internal and external customer and promoting teamwork within the unit
- Integration, decommissioning and configuration VSAT remote on iDirect platforms (ibuilder & imonitor)
- Support of VSAT Hub and troubleshooting of all VSAT related calls logged from Hub to Remotes
- Troubleshooting / managing of all Backhaul and Vodacom managed CE devices
- Support of all 3rd party vendors for both core and access links.
- Support of Field engineers in fault rectification so as to meet MTTR and SLA
- Configuration and troubleshooting of all Core and Access P2P radios on the network.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of Hauhaun devices on the network.
- Troubleshooting of core and access transmission devices on the network.
- High level IP routing and configuration on core and access devices.
- Level 2 and Level 3 IP network related issues, such as switching, Routing and QOS.
- Troubleshooting of IP/ MPLS connectivity issues on the core and Access network.
- Configuration of IP Network devices( Routers and Switches )
- Re-benchmark outbound/inbound carrier with Satellite provider to ensure optimum performance of the Hub
- Escalating and supporting resolution of incidents that have exceeded MTTR and missed SLA
- Managing own time and productivity effectively to meet service level requirements
- The role requires a university Degree/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of 5+years post NYSC experience working in a network operation -ISP with an emphasis on Network and transmission device and 2+ years of experience inter-facing and supporting the customers as well.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CCNA and CCNP will be an added advantage
- He/She must have the ability to use a number of monitoring/Ticketing/Reporting platforms e.g., Sage Pastel Evolution, Cacti, Azote, Nagios, Entuity, Cambridge VNMS, SAF, NEC & Ceragon NMSs.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent Communications skills,
- Computer literacy,
- Knowledge of SLA metrics,
- Ability to Multi-task and pay Attention to detail
- Must be a good team player,
- Good Technical foundation, Excellent troubleshooting skill
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to document information appropriately.
- Conflict resolution and investigative skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and the ability to organize and prioritize time effectively
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 19th February, 2019
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.