Support Manager Position at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Manager
Ref. No.: 4013850431
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- NRC is looking for a Support Manager for our Area Office based in Maiduguri – North Eastern Nigeria. The purpose of the Support Manager position is to coordinate the support functions at an Area Office and off-load the Area Manager on support functions.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WaSH); Livelihoods and Food Security; Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The Support Manager reports to the Area Manager.
- Daily management of support Department Area Office, including line management of support staff – Finance, HR & Administration and Logistics
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation
- Responsible for implementation of technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in area of operation (finance, HR/admin and logistics)
- Provide input on operational support to the Area Plan of Action, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans at area level.
- Experience from similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Minimum of University degree in related field
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: March 2019.
- Duration: 12 months.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions. Grade Level 8 Step 1.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 40% frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
18th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more Information (MS Word)
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigerian nationals only