Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant (Field Monitor) Job at Christian Aid (CA)
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant (Field Monitor)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 6 months
Slot: 2 Openings
- To assist the MEAL unit in regular data collections through implementing partners/volunteers and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validation.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way. Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Program Officers and Partners.
- Support Program Officers and partners in conducting of field activities and adheres to CA’s monitoring and evaluation system. Participate actively in programme planning processes.
- The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within the humanitarian team.
- The role is key in providing MEAL support to the work team to ensure partnerships and programmes are managed effectively.
- The role will normally work within a country office and there may be occasional travel required
- Support the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation.
- Contribute to building the Nigerian Country Office and partner capacity to develop and use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation for results.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings
- Positive relationships developed with partners/volunteers through effective communication.
- Information provided for production of reports for institutional donors, project files maintained, supporter visits and team meetings facilitated and supported.
- External: The role holder will have contact with partners., volunteers and stakeholders at state level.
- Internal: The position is line managed by the MEAL Coordinator- Humanitarian. Has a key role in ensuring good relations with other roles in programmes, finance and logistic and procuement
- The ability to make day to day decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the Partnership and programmes.
- Analytical skills desirable to perform day to day logistics and coordination work.
Developing self and others:
- Ability to take initiative, be self- motivated and build capacity of/guide new and existing staff on programme and MEAL requirement.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
- Degree in Statistics or the Social Sciences with at least three working experience with an I/NGO
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation and Project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of institutional donors such as WFP, ECHO, EU, DFID and USAID.
- Understanding and familiarity with data management tools (such as KoboCollect, CS Pro, DHIS, NHMIS is essential).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages.
- Familiarity and understanding of statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-info; STATA)
- Hands-on experience of monitoring and supporting community based development programmes.
- Excellent report writing, communication (written and verbal) skills, and strong IT skills.
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development
- Manage and organize information systems and establish and maintain filing systems
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies and humanitarian briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
IT competency required:
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
- Work in a collaborative way that develops positive relationships and proactively provide help to others
- Proactively participate in team work and contribute ideas, including those that may be beyond your own or your team’s role.
- Keep others informed about what is going on in your own work area.
- Treat everyone with courteousness, dignity and respect, recognising that people are different and have different views.
- Act and behave consistently with what you say
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Pass on messages or information promptly and accurately, ensuring clarity and understanding.
- Proactively question to clarify when needed.
- Explain things simply and in a different way if someone appears not to have understood.
- Be sensitive to and take responsibility for how your actions and words impact on others and adapt if necessary.
- Be responsible for using resources economically, whether these are Christian Aid resources or wider environmental resources.
- Recognise that time is a resource and take responsibility and proactive measures for managing your time effectively.
- Agree your work plan and priorities, keep track of your own progress and keep others informed.
- Check the quality of your own work and deliver to expectations.
- Seek clarification and support from your manager when needed, ensuring appropriate sign-off.
- Respond promptly to the requests of others, handling competing priorities and seeking guidance on these where appropriate.
- Consider the consequences of your actions, and take responsibility for the impact on your work, your colleagues and team objectives.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Acknowledge gaps in your own knowledge and skills and seek out information and advice in order to learn.
- Regularly ask for and act on feedback on own performance.
- Assist others by showing how to complete tasks and sharing knowledge.
Strive for improvement:
- Demonstrate openness and willingness to embrace change, be flexible and adapt to new methods of working.
- Respond quickly and positively to new initiatives.
- Find ways to make improvements in your work and ways of working.
- Show initiative when faced with problems and proactively seek solutions.
- Willingly share knowledge and information that may help others.
Full Time Salary
N3,187,627 per year.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2019.
28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online