We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, SMB
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
- As a Business Development Manager, you will be required to work on different projects and initiatives. You will be responsible for driving the distribution/sales and execution of a number of programs (e.g. access deployment and SMB acquisition programs). In the case of access, since one size does not fit all, the role will require developing an inherent understanding of the unique needs of the market and a customized solution that makes sense given the environment. You will be responsible for identifying the right sets of partners and designing an engagement strategy with them to move towards the goal of connecting millions of new users in Nigeria. This role will require complex internal stakeholder management as you work with a cross-functional team across product, engineering and sales. You will gain exposure to Google’s innovative products, define/manage project plans, and interacting with agencies and partners.
- Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Be responsible for implementing the strategy to scale and drive impact for the defined set of initiatives
- Work with a varied set of partners including industry forums and government organisations to drive initiative priorities.
- Collaborate closely with the central/regional and cross-functional teams with across product, sales, and marketing to align on strategy, defining product roadmap and prioritization, go to market approach, execution planning and performance tracking.
- Communicate the progress internally to senior leadership and to external partners highlighting progress metrics based on in-depth analysis showcasing performance.
- Responsible for defining and implementing strategy for growing the Small and Medium Business (SMB) ecosystem and adoption of Google platforms for example rolling out Google My Business and acquiring new SMBs on to the Google My Business Platform.
- Experience in advertising sales, business development, marketing, consulting, start-ups or media in a consultative environment.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in marketing within advertising agencies (offline/online).
- Strong knowledge of Google ads, and the value proposition for SMBs and agencies.
- Relationship management experience and results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders in different countries.
- Strong analytical, reporting and written and spoken communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online