Job at APM Terminals for a Reach Stacker & Empty Handler Operator
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 22,000 employees spread across more than 58countries and 5 continents united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM terminals, the world is your workplace
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reach Stacker & Empty Handler Operator (Female)
Department: Terminal Operations/Engineering
- Are you a female with a flair for operating Heavy Duty equipment’s such as Reach Stackers and Empty Handlers, then APM Terminals might have an opportunity for you.
- We are looking for bold and determined women that would love to be trained in the use of these equipment with an option for full employment after the training period.
- Operates Reach Stackers/Empty Handler, for receiving / loading / shifting containers in the yard for rail and yard operations.
- Inspects equipment at beginning of shift to ensure that all of the parts are operating properly.
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to yard handling equipment, before, during or after the shift.
- Follows safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Carries out duties and tasks in an efficient, productive manner.
We Are Looking For
- Requires a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- A bold and ambitious female, ready to learn for the future.
- Age range of 25 to 35.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s license with at least 3 years driving experience.
- Holding a valid Class E driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Excellent visual acuity.
- Works well under pressure.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
- An opportunity to be recognized as one of Nigeria’s pioneering skilled female heavy equipment handlers.
- An opportunity to be trained by licensed world class equipment trainers from scratch.
- An opportunity to change the norm in a male dominated industry.
- An exciting experience that positions you for stellar achievements.
- An opportunity to interact with a global organization that supports gender diversity and strength.
- An opportunity to be a part of a leading port operator in Africa.
- Opportunities to advance diversity and inclusion across the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 12th March, 2019.