Job at British American Tobacco for an Associate Manager
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager – Security
Job Number: 16445
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking for a Security Manager to work across Nigeria.
- The main purpose of this role is to set up an efficient information system to identify risks to Commercial activities (Marketing and Support Services) across Nigeria. Manage Commercial security staff to support and protect Commercial staff in Nigeria.
- Secure high value assets both in the Head Office and the regions to avoid any loss to the business. Set up and update adapted commercial SOP’s and optimize the use of technical security systems. Investigate matters related to commercial as tasked in a timely way.
- Identify all risks to BAT Commercial activities across Nigeria by conducting Business Impact Analysis.
- Set up a reliable information network including BAT service providers and multiple external sources.
- Liaise with government security Agencies and other external sources to optimize risk assessment.
- Review and update security SOP’s (Standard Operations Procedure) for Rising Sun head offices and residences in Lagos, BAT offices and warehouses in country.
- Tasking, developing and training Business Risk manager and CSO (Chief Security Officers) under his responsibility to implement SOP’s and templates.
- Ensure the embedding of the Security Risk Management Model across BAT Commercial activities in Nigeria.
- Facilitates the Business Continuity Management process for Commercial activities in Nigeria and the test of a realistic BCP (Business Continuity Plan) for loss of distributor.
- Contribute to the setup of pragmatic Security BCP for political and civil unrest including evacuation planning (election periods for instance).
- Conduct SSAVA (Site Security And Vulnerability Assessment) for all BAT premises and premises used by BAT (Distributor and warehouses owners).
- Propose cost effective measures to mitigate such risks.
- Set up an efficient information system per region to forward timely alerts.
- Re-organize the Control Room in Lagos to optimize use of electronics systems and improve synergy with the Ibadan Control Room.
- Organize security support to head office and market visits for all staff, especially for WAALT (West African Area Leadership Team) and Regional visitors.
- Issue a Month End security report highlighting country risk assessment, delivered activities, incidents and key trends as well as a forecast for the following month.
- Responsible for the Management of Security Service Providers and ensuring that required services are provided and delivered in full and on time as per contractual arrangements.
- Carry out objective enquiry / investigation into all reported cases or incident, breaches by determining facts, understanding vulnerability and drawing appropriate supportable conclusions to make recommendations.
All functions and employee for integrating with the business, in particular:
- LEX team
- Marketing team
- All support services
- Between 8-12 years of experience, preferably in an FMCG company.
- Six Sigma and ITIL certifications would constitute and advantage.
- Fluency in Hausa and Yoruba would constitue a requirement.
- Sound and mature judgement as well as decision making ability during crisis situations.
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies when rapid response is required.
- Demonstrate Empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Ability to resist to stressful situations and remain cold headed during crisis.
- Proactively promote a threat-driven security program, driving a customer service culture that is effectively integrated with Business and which enables consistent standards of security risk mitigation.
- Set clearly measurable targets to the Commercial security team.
- Good knowledge in understanding potential threats to BAT Commercial activities across Nigeria.
- Clear and compelling written and verbal communication skills including ability to write concise reports.
- Understand and analyze developing situations, drawing probable conclusions and making recommendations to sustain Operations while mitigating risks.
- Ability to communicate with Commercial Management so to raise their awareness on security issues.
- Ability to display objectivity and balance in judgement whilst investigating any reported case and offering adequate recommendations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply