Teaching Jobs at Dewdrops Community Centre for Special Needs
The Dewdrops Community Centre for Special Needs and Vulnerable Women® is a registered non-profit NGO that caters for a targeted population of low income earning families through donations by individuals and corporate bodies. The centre is designed to provide Special Education Needs intervention services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery and Early Years Special Needs Teacher
- The candidate should be passionate about developing exciting and relevant special education and inclusive learning experiences for children both indoors and outdoors using the provided scheme of work.
- Prepare to plan and develop IFSP (Individual Family Support Programs) that would cater for the educational needs of children in early years learning.
- Ability to incorporate a variety of teaching and learning strategies.
- Able to maintain open communication between parents and work colleagues in building and maintaining a supportive and encouraging team environment.
- Keep abreast of educational developments.
- Keep accurate and updated on-going records and prepare reports.
- The position is charged with the responsibility of maintaining a detailed record of each child’s progress.
- The preferred candidate must have a minimum of a B.Sc / B.Ed in Psychology, Special Education or any related discipline.
- Must be computer proficient.
- The candidate should also be committed to working in close partnership with parents and educators and must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess at least 4 years EYFS Teaching experience.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours including weekends, holidays or any other days as required.
- Be enthusiastic, patient and passionate about teaching and be able to demonstrate a genuine care for young children especially those with special needs.
- Knowledge of Sign Language is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com