Vacancy For Program Officer, Household Economic Strengthening at Living Word Mission
Living Word Mission aka La Vie Mot Mission (LIWOM) is a Non Profit (NPO), Faith Based (Rural Missions) Organization (FBO) working presently in four states Oyo State of the South Western part of Nigeria. LIWOM as a Christian ministry was formed in 1996 and registered in Oyo State as an FBO/NPO in 2010 as well as with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Household Economic Strengthening
- Reporting to the OVC Project co-ordinator, the HES project officer is responsible for overall rollout of economic strengthening activities, ensuring the project meets its objectives and targets.
- The HES officer working closely with relevant government ministries and other technical support to field agent supervisors with focus in implementing VLSA activities, financial education to the caregivers, support caregivers initiate Income Generating activities, profiling of small holder farmers to increase production and engage with markets.
- The HES officer will directly supervise field Agent Supervisor and the data capture clerk and indirectly supervises a team of SILC.
- He/She will develop HES operational plans, monitors their execution, and prepares periodic performance reports.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A diploma (with at least 2 years of relevant experience) or a Bachelor’s degree (with at least 1 year experience) in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Micro Finance, Business Administration, Project Management or related field from a recognized institution of learning.
- Familiarity with integrating savings groups in OVC programming.
- Excellent analytic and computer skills; skilled in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with savings group programming with a preference for community-agent and/or fee-for-service approaches.
- Relevant experience in Community development focusing on sustainable livelihood approaches, project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven Leadership ability and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, team work and ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 1st March, 2019.
Note: Only eligible candidates would be contacted.