Coca-Cola Nigeria Job Vacancy for an Assistant K&I Manager
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant K&I Manager
Job ID: R-24816
Location: Lagos, Nigeria – NGA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: 01. Regular
- Support the BU’s K&I’s agenda by driving best in class consumer and commercial predictive and actionable insights and recommendation based on external and internal market assessments focused on key business priorities
- This role primarily provides the Business Unit with leading edge consumer and shopper insights, research processes and tools that facilitate decision-making against business needs. It provides in-depth understanding of market dynamics and consumer/shopper needs/wants thus aids the BU to plan better and to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable business and brand growth.
- This involves gathering data from various sources (such as: advanced information tools, sophisticated analytical systems and methodologies and professional research service agencies) and reporting out those insights to the broader S&I team and BU for decision making
- Leveraging scale and synergies across BU to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the K&I budget and managing suppliers on that basis is an important aspect of this job
Function Specific Activities
- Approach: Support the BU’s Sr. K&I manager (lead) in working with the Franchise and Functional departments to develop data driven, fact based and market informed and relevant Annual and Strategic business plans and priorities
- Systematically apply statistical and/or logical techniques to describe and illustrate, condense and recap, and evaluate data and extract insights and recommendations that help accelerate the BU’s ability to deliver against it’s priorities:
- Consumer Centric portfolio: Reshape growth equation to drive SSD revenue, accelerate leadership in other categories
- Pervasive distribution: Strengthen our system to sustain and expand executional advantage
- Shared value: Deliver profit growth for market value growth
- Ensure clear, concise and actionable communication of insights that enables business to make better, more informed decisions faster by translating data into insights into actions
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, interpreting and presenting (dash-boarding) data related to Macro-economic forces, consumer, shopper, Channel, customer, category, competiton and system:
- Managing multiple marketing research studies and ensuring that each one is fielded and completed on time
- Contacting and managing the marketing research agency or moderators to conduct quantitative (e.g., retail audit) and qualitative research (e.g., focus groups)
- Manage the flow of information between the various BU/Group/Corporate departments and the agencies, reviewing research inputs (e.g., survey) for market relevance and outputs for accuracy and insights
- Review secondary research information to help inform the business on operating landscape trends (e.g., competitors, substitutes), analyze factors that influence sales in the industry
- Handle ad hoc research requests from the business, group and corporate e.g., target market analysis, market segmentation
- Support the integration of all research across the Business Unit for the Growth Functions (Strategy, Marketing and Customer and Commercial Leadership), leading all consumer, shopper and trade research and insights generation and application
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy and appropriate analysis of research findings.
- Proactively inform the BU on latest trends, risks and opportunities via routine process management and business review reporting sessions that are fact based, current, grounded in data, compelling and easy to understand and timely
- Support the BU’s strategic and operational innovation agenda, highlighting opportunity spaces to innovate into, test and evaluate new concepts, products or brand extensions
- Support the BU in determining appropriate research methodologies that will inform impactful and actionable decisions (e.g. brand positioning and health, marketing effectiveness, pricing, package testing, shopper understanding, consumer drinking need states, etc.) by:
- Optimizing existing research and identifying new, innovative options to understanding our operating environment
- Leveraging input from research suppliers and internal experts to derive optimal research options and protocols
- Developing research partner relationships, and participating in annual negotiations
- Challenging our research partner to think strategically and stay ahead of trends, building leading edge protocols for faster, more accurate consumer reads
- Identifying, enhancing and localizing TCCC global protocols to address local market
- Maximizing research resources (time, money) to drive productivity
- Support K&I department to manage resources and uphold audit policies through budget and process tracking.
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- Performance Driven And Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th March, 2019.