Station Administrator recruitment at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Station Administrator
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist the Head of station in managing Station financial and operational strategies;
- Coordinate the overall function of the station support systems and ensure logistics back-up;
- Assure timely financial reporting and posting of charges back to the station cost recovering budget;
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchases, procurement and logistics management
- Organize the preparation and implementation of the Station work program;
- Maintain efficient information flow between the station, hosted institution and projects operating within the Station;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- MBA in Management/Administration, Social Sciences or related fields with minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing similar or related role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good computer and ERP usage skills
- Have good negotiation, mediation and excellent communication skills.
- Have good financial management and reporting skills.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Application Deadline: 12th March, 2019.