Treasury Specialist Job at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Specialist
Job Number: 16691
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Treasury Specialist to join our Finance team in Nigeria.
- To provide support to treasury operations in the areas of cash flow management, bank relationship and Import and Forex transactions monitoring with a view to improving profitability by assessing periodic liquidity needs, exploring funding sources and investment opportunities.
- To contribute to the continuing financial stability of the company by advising the treasury manager on liquidity status in line with counterparty exposure limits across Wes Africa Area.
- Support in providing appropriate visibility/escalations & reporting on key changes in macroeconomic policies, FX (foreign exchanges) exposures and currency control/restriction policies across the West Africa Area.
- Support and drive working capital management initiatives to drive efficiency of foreign currency operations that support the sustainability of the factory/commercial operations.
- Support Treasury Manager at achieving cost of capital and bank charges optimization; as well as managing liquidity / funding requirement to meet dividend & other intercompany remittance objectives.
- Ensure Treasury policy is strictly adhered to in all business transaction and Treasury decisions to protect Company Interests.
- Preparation of ad-hoc analysis and evaluations to aid management in making informed decisions.
- Liaise with banks on efficient and effective international trade financing method that supports delivery of business objectives
- Execute daily operations activities
- Improve accuracy of cash flow forecast to ensure optimized cash flow.
- Ensure reduction in the current level of trade charges.
- Prompt charge out of completed LC (letter of credit) transactions from BATN (British American Tobacco Nigeria) and its subsidiary books.
- Provide good support to the treasury manager to deliver on key business objectives
- Maintain good interface with other units within the finance department: AP (accounts payable), GL (general ledger), and cash management, marketing finance; for the purpose of achieving good results.
- Leverage on relationship with company bankers to achieve competitive cost of funding and interest rate optimization for the company.
Knowledge, skills and Experience
- The job holder must have a financial background with a minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience supported by a sound commercial awareness preferably in a FMCG company.
- Professional Accountancy qualification will be an added advantage
- Good analytical skills, with focus on problem solving
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent spreadsheet and general computer skills including SAP and BPC
- Ability to work independently and result driven.
Key Success Factors:
- Effective liquidity management and forecasts that supports business needs.
- Providing an effective support to Treasury Manager on day to day operational issues.
- Implementation and use of financial information and tools in the company to support business analysis, business strategy and decision making
- Effective working relationship with all relevant stakeholders (internal & external)
Reports on a day to day basis to the treasury manager in British American Tobacco Nigeria:
- External: external auditors; banks and institutions
- Internal: peers; internal audit; all functions employees
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online