Vacancies at the International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, EMAP Training
Job Ref: 19-071
Department: International Programs
Background of the Assignment
- International Medical Corps (IMC) has received funding from the Government of Netherlands (the Dutch Project) to sustain and scale-up gender-based violence (GBV) prevention and response interventions services across four (4) LGAs of Borno. In conjunction with the Dutch Project, International Medical Corps is implementing emergency GBV prevention and response interventions in Damboa and Maiduguri LGAs of Borno State funded by USAID/OFDA. In order to ensure effective delivery of the GBV program and enhance aid effectiveness in the GBV sector, IMC works in close coordination and collaboration with the State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, Gender-Based Violence Sub-Sector and relevant partners.
- A key component under the Dutch Project is to strengthen the involvement of men and boys in the prevention of Gender Based Violence using International Rescue Committee’s Engaging Men through Accountable Practice (EMAP) Approach/Methodology. To prepare the project team for the roll-out of the EMAP approach, IMC will organize and conduct necessary trainings facilitated jointly by IMC staff and an external consultant.
Purpose of the Assignment:
- The consultant will have overall responsibility to train, monitor and support the IMC GBV staff and volunteers to successfully implement the Engaging Men through Accountable Practice (EMAP) Approach/Methodology to end violence against women and girls.
- The consultant will use the EMAP curriculum to deliver the training as well as support the adaptation of the curriculum with the participation of the GBV Technical Advisor and GBV Coordinator to ensure appropriateness within the Nigeria context.
- The consultant will also provide training of trainers (TOT) to selected IMC GBV staff who will be tasked with the responsibility of training EMAP group facilitators throughout the life of the project
Scope of the Assignment
In close collaboration with IMC’s GBV Technical Advisor for Nigeria, and the Nigeria GBV team, the consultant will:
- Develop a clear work plan/strategy including the methodologies on how you intend to approach the training of IMC GBV staff and community volunteers on the Engaging Men through Accountable Practice (EMAP) Approach/Methodology.
- Conduct an initial 6-8 days training for selected IMC GBV staff, (male and female), to ensure fulfilment of a key principle of the EMAP approach (inclusion of male and female facilitators) during the comprehensive training of trainers/facilitators. The field level training will provide initial capacity support to the IMC Dutch Project staff to lead the project implementation.
- Conduct EMAP training consisting of 15 days to be facilitated for a period of four weeks for IMC GBV staff and the EMAP group facilitators.
- Liaise with the Technical Advisor and GBV Coordinator as necessary on adaptation of the curriculum and guide for the GBV team on the most effective ways to implement the curriculum.
- Support and provide guidance to IMC’s staff attending the Training for Trainers on how to replicate the training to the field teams.
- Present a draft training report after the completion of the training exercise including recommendations for EMAP implementation in Borno State, Nigeria – within two weeks of the completion of the training
- Submit a final report after incorporating the feedback from the IMC GBV country team and the GBV TU Advisor within one week of receiving feedback on the draft report – within one week of receiving feedback on draft report
- Provide samples of monitoring and assessment tools that will be adapted to fit into the Nigeria context – During the training
Code of Conduct:
- All Consultants are required to adhered to and promote International Medical Corps shared responsibility and obligation to report matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment.
- If you see, hear or are aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report to International Medical Corps.
- Degree in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing gender and development or programs providing services to survivors of violence against women
- Experience in implementing and facilitating EMAP and other GBV prevention curriculums is a MUST
- Demonstrated ability to engage men in ending violence against women and girls
- Demonstrated ability to handle resistance to gender transformation change
- The candidate must present sample of previous work done on training or adaptation of EMAP in a context similar to Nigeria
- Fluency in English is essential.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: HR Database Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Provide assistance to the HR department, including maintenance of Database system, creation of new records and employment changes for the Human Resources department.
Daily usage of Deltek Costpoint (CP) and Time & Expense (T&E), including:
- Responsible for the validity of data contained in Deltek Costpoint and Time & Expense databases; updating the Active Directory based on changes for employees, i.e. change of roles, manager, location, and reconciliation of CP data to etc.
- Monitor the on-boarding and off-boarding workflow tickets;
- Monitor data integrity by conducting regularly scheduled maintenance tasks; run queries, review and manipulate Excel reports, identify data errors and inconsistencies;
- Coordinate data review and updates with appropriate personnel in Human Resources as well as other departments across the organization;
- Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily inclusive.
- Adding and removing projects from LN employee’s Workforce
- Granting / Removing T&E seats
- Adding, adjusting employee history
- Granting leave/holiday entitlements
- Running leave accruals (if leave time is accrued monthly)
- Maintain the integrity of LN/SSA information in CP including data reconciliations
- Running reconciling and ad-hoc reports
- Central point of contact for all CP HRIS and T&E systems
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to reconcile large groups of data, identify anomalies and systemically fix issues
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational abilities; able to multi-task
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities
- Ability to successfully deal with people at all levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CIS or equivalent
- Attention to detail
- Proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suites
- Ability to solve problems and handle database exceptions
Interested and qualified candidates should be addressed to the “Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps” via: email@example.com
Application Deadline 8th March, 2019.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Nigerian nationals only