Job at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) for a Gender Officer
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT. WEWE is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Internal Audit and Compliance in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Officer
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is soliciting for a Gender Officer to fill the job vacancy in a USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner initiatives for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project’.
- WEWE wishes to recruit a talented and God fearing Gender Officer who believes in local organizations.
- The candidate must be an individual who has a passion to work with vulnerable children, must be Gender aware and also key into the mandate to make WEWE the most gender transformed and responsive organization in Africa in both operations and program implementations by ensuring that all projects are designed, implemented and monitored with gender considerations and that all operational activities including gender sensitive.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Decrease gender-based barriers to accessing quality care/service
- Enhance the capacity of WEWE staff and partners on gender equality mainstreaming and increase responsiveness
- Conduct gender norm engagements in established platforms to expose negative gender norms and promote positive gender norms.
- Update WEWE Gender policy.
- Coordinate gender aspects in line with WEWE and USAID/PEPFAR gender policies and strategies
- Responsible for Adolescent Boys/Girls & Young Women Programming
- Mobilize and sensitize communities towards preventing Gender Based Violence
- Address identified gender norms and gender based violence using the LOPIN 2 Gender Manual
Qualifications & Experience Required
To be considered eligible for selection, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must have 1-2 years prior experience as a gender officer working with vulnerable children
- Experience working on a USAID project or International Donor funded project preferred.
- Experience managing people and ability to build, develop and motivate a high performing team
- Ability to train other staff on gender and other related matters.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Experience of managing budgets and planning and reporting protocols.
- Significant experience in leading gender equality in the organisations.
- Excellent communication skills that effectively represent an organisation mission and values internally and externally
- Qualification in gender is preferable (Diploma, Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree).
- Advanced professional development and experience in gender or child protection.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
- Experience drafting project reporting and monitoring project progress
- Ability to maintain a network with external research and academic institutes working on issues relating to gender
- Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills
- Attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three professional referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin, religion, age, sex, race or physical disability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.