Vacancy For Treasurer at La Fayette Microfinance Bank
La Fayette Microfinance Bank Limited – As an international registered microfinance bank, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers a complete range of financial services and means of payment for its customers, including savings accounts, current accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
Fully client oriented, La Fayette Microfinance Bank offers great flexibility, independence and financial security to help clients stay committed to their short and long term financial goals. Formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank, the bank started full operation in February 2013 and has built a strong client base, serving clients from eight branch networks in Ibadan– Bodija, Challenge, Dugbe, Gbagi and Iwo road, Ogbomosho, Oyo and Saki towns, all strategically situated within close proximity to customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasurer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The treasurer will Provide support to CFO in coordination of the department’s activities, Assist and supervise the activities of the Senior Accountant/Intermediate Accountant/ Junior Accountant/ on tasks of data input into SAGE, preparing bank reconciliations, Suspense GL’s reconciliation and proofs, monitoring correspondent bank transactions, suppliers’ management.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- To anticipate the needs of provisional funds in network
- To Monitor and supervise petty cash administration of both Head office and branches
- Ensure the proper application of Treasury policy, in particular to verify compliance with the cash limits previously set in the Treasury Management policy in the branches and the head office.
- Monitor the amount of the limits and recommend amendments if necessary (for example in the case of a change of processes or increase of activity);
- Update the “cash flow plan” file on a weekly basis in order to anticipate refinancing needs or detect an over-cash situation and possibly propose investments in case of excess liquidity.
- Work in liaison with the CFO, to prepare the projection in terms of liquidity and to supply or evacuate the funds of the network if necessary, through the network cash register
- To provide support to the CFO during negotiation stage of borrowing, particular at KYC by providing necessary documentations and information to potential lender,
- Follow the existing refinancing lines (interest related to borrowings, repayments of capital, etc.), transmit the necessary elements for their good accounting and include them in the “cash flow” file.
- Adequate monitoring of loan amortization plan, follow-up of invoices with lender and prompt application to correspondent banks for matured instalment
- Monthly and quarterly preparation of lenders’ report
- Monitor the evolution of regulatory requirements for refinancing and overall management of treasury
- Provide support to CFO in coordination of the department’s activities
- Assist and supervise the activities of the Senior Accountant/Intermediate Accountant/ Junior Accountant/ on tasks of data input into SAGE, preparing bank reconciliations, Suspense GL’s reconciliation and proofs, monitoring correspondent bank transactions, suppliers’ management,
- Supervise the end of month accounting tasks by Senior/Junior Accountants
- Good knowledge of taxation
- Monthly preparation of partners’ report
- Preparation and analysis of branch profitability report
- Carry out all operations in accordance with local regulations and the Central Bank of Nigeria
- Adequate support to the department during both Internal and Statutory audits
- To maintain good relationship with banking partners
- Perform any other duties required or requested by the CFO
Education level :
- HND/ Bsc. in Accounting, economics or any other related course of study.
Specific training required:
- ICAN/ACCA Trained
- A very good knowledge of Microsoft office applications (Excel, word, PPT)
- IFRS Knowledge
- Knowledge in SAGE Accounting (Added Advantage)
Work experience required:
- Minimum of seven (7) years work experience in a financial institution as an accountant of which two (2) must be of supervisory role in treasury.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th March, 2019.