Generator Attendant Job at the African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Generator Attendant
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Grade & Duties: MS 3
- The successful candidate shall act as a technical professional who shall operate, monitor, and maintain in good working condition all the generators, switch panels and public utility supply.
Duties / Job Details
The main duties of the Generator Attendant shall comprise, amongst others, the following:
- Performs minor diagnosis and maintenance of plants and machineries
- Maintains appropriate record of preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Visually inspect gauges, fuel dumps and record same appropriately.
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Africa Re premises
- Provide daily record of diesel consumption and management
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Senior Maintenance Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the building.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Ordinary National Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a reputable Institution Or
- A Technical ( City & Guides) or Trade Test certificate in Engineering ( Trade Test 1, 2 &3)
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in the operation of heavy duty generators and proven knowledge of the working principles of automatic switching systems
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Considerable knowledge of generator operations including basic repair and maintenance, basic electric and mechanical skills.
- Skill in the use of hand and power tools
- Experience in Caterpillar (CAT) Generators will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethics
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level MS 3;
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus);
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer);
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children);
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing allowance;
- Exemption from taxes and duties (diplomatic status of an international civil servant);
- Inflation Adjustment, that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation.
- Transport Allowance
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re;
- Not more than 30 years old.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Africa Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers a good working environment commensurate with international standards.