Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning Assistant Job at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
Pact West Africa (Nigeria) is a Country Office of Pact, an international non-governmental and non-profit organization with its headquarters in Washington, DC. We envision a world where everyone owns their own future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We seek a highly experienced and qualified candidate to fill the below position:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning Assistant
- This position supports all M&E and Knowledge Management activities at LGA level.
- The MERL assistant will play a key role in providing close field support to the state partners especially in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake visits to the field throughout the project, as needed to support and/ or supervise data collection or verify data quality.
- Ensure adequate supply of routine data collection tools to project partners at all times.
- Support the planning and implementation of surveys at the LGA level.
- Ensure standardization of partner MERL tools and methodologies
- Assist in the updating of MERL databases.
- Support the MERL team to train partners in MERL.
- Support the MERL team to conduct quarterly partner data quality assessments.
- Support in providing capacity development to Project Staff and Partners on M&E at the LGA level.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill in gaps.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- B.Sc in Social Sciences, Development Studies, statistics , Community or Public Health with at least 2 year of experience working in NGOs in the same capacity; Individuals who have volunteered in NGOs are encouraged to apply;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and any statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, EPIINFO, etc.);
- Experience with data form design, collection and data entry;
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of data and convert it into understandable results;
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team;
- Fluency in English and Hausa language
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Possess positive attitude, Self-motivated, independent, can deliver results under stress and timely manner, team worker, confident in dealing with people.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter (MS word or PDF format) on their suitability to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information or age.