Job For Agricultural Assistant at the International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Assistant
Requisition ID: req4121
Location: Mubi, Adamawa State
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Nigeria through the Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) sector is implementing an agriculture project in Adamawa State, northeast Nigeria. The Agriculture Assistant will perform his/her role to assist in carrying out all agriculture activities under the supervision of agriculture officer.
- Support the preparation of project reports on agriculture activities
- Organize and supervise the distribution of Agriculture Inputs.
- Perform other activities as may be assigned form time to time by the supervisor or ERD team
- Facilitate and provide guidance to farmers on appropriate cropping patterns, farming techniques through the Farmer Field School (FFS)
- Assist the agriculture officer in conducting trainings, preparation of training modules for training especially for agribusiness, market strengthening and FFS.
- Conduct frequent site visits to observe trainings, monitor adoption of practices, and collect data from farmers
- Document field achievements, innovations, failures, and lessons learned to integrate into project activities
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Agriculture Officer
- Position directly Supervises: Agriculture Extension Agents
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agricultural Economics
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in providing technical supports on agriculture production and/or value-chain activities
- Experience working with agriculture extension agents
- Experience working with INGO/NGO in Adamawa state
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Technical skills in agriculture and rural livelihoods programming
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Experience in community and stakeholders relationship building and management
- Fluency in English Language both written and spoken is required and Hausa language is mandatory
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- The position will be based in Mubi, Adamawa State. The security situation in Mubi is relatively stable with periodic tensions. All IRC offices are provided with internet facilities and there is reliable mobile telecommunication network in Adamawa.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 12 Months.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply