Driver wanted at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
Location: Bauchi, Nigeria
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The main duties of the Driver is to provide transport support services to all technical program areas.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Purchase fuel from commercial gas stations, reviews and verifies the accuracy of cash memos and submits them to the Finance for payment.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested by Representative
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport;
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the country
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
Car Security & Maintenance:
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage, at end of each month
- Assist the Operation Officer to ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
Personal Qualities, Qualifications & Experience
- Understanding of transportation law
- Good traffic judgment
- Good knowledge about car mechanics
- Knowledge of the location of international organizations, airline offices, hotels and restaurants
- Knowledge on operation and maintenance of the office equipment
- Excellent driving skills
- Flexible, effective team work and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, good in communicating in English
- Computer literacy and familiar with software packages under Windows and Email
- Minimum 5 years’experience as driver with good driving record.
- High School Diploma
- Valid driving license Level
- Holder of qualification in Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs desirable.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume/CV to: email@example.com with “Bauchi Driver” in the email Subject line.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Veteran.