Program Officer 1 – Social Mobilization Job at Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is a new five-year, USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION/Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer 1 – Social Mobilization
- The Program Officer 1- Social Mobilization Officer will provide technical support to the state project team in the process of planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of social and community mobilization activities.
- S/he is expected to work in close collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees and the State BA-N Team to plan, organize, conduct, report and follow-up social and community mobilization activities related to family planning.
- The incumbent will maintain regular communication with State Coordinator, BA-Nigeria Technical Leads and BA-Nigeria Deputy Project Director – Integrated & FP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project as described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support implementation of social and community mobilization activities in collaboration with the Community Mobilizers, State and LGA Health Educators, Ward Development Committees
- Support advocacy with religious and community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of family planning and promote uptake of services.
- Organize meetings with religious, traditional and community leaders, village heads, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness on family planning and availability of services
- Support training and supervision of Community Mobilizers and other social/community mobilization agents working under the BA-N Family Projector implementing government-led initiatives.
- Support the BA-N M&E Officer and State Coordinator to effectively collect, collate and report social/community mobilization data as required
- Collaborate with State Coordinator and State M&E Officers to ensure documentation of all community mobilization activities
- Prepare and submit timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N FP & Malaria project efforts as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- HND or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years’ work experience in Advocacy, Social and/or Community Mobilization in Family Planning or any Reproductive Health Programs
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at State and LGA levels
- Understanding of local communities and cultures in the State of assignment, and ability to communicate fluently in the commonly spoken local language.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to travel and work in difficult settings, including remote rural areas of Nigeria.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative leadership and support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in cross-cultural, team-based environment
Application Closing Date
Monday, 25th March, 2019. (CoB)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV only as one PDF document to: email@example.com
- To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- CV and Cover Letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should be the job title along with the job location. E.g. “Program Officer 1 – Social Mobilization Sokoto”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.