Executive/Paralegal Assistant to the Company Secretary Job at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc)
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Executive/Paralegal Assistant To The Company Secretary
- Job holder is responsible for supporting the Company Secretary and contributing to the effectiveness of the Company through provision of high quality administrative functions.
Major Roles / Responsibilities
- First line of contact for the office of the Company Secretary & Director Legal Services concerning any enquiries, relays complex/ sensitive information and instructions and responds as appropriate.
- Manages the Company Secretary’s diary, arranging and prioritising appointments.
- Responsible to rely accurately to inquiries and determine the correct course of action or redirect callers to appropriate person/area.
- Timely generates, manages and distributes general memos, correspondence, report and mails.
- Proper recording/ tracking of mails.
- Provides logistic support by researching and compiling information/ documentation for the preparation of reports, assembles and organises materials for meeting and coordinates in projects as directed by the Company Secretary.
- Collation of board pack/delivery and Printing of report/board packs.
- Accurate documentation, tracking and closure of assignments and tasks to Legal Services staff.
- Flag and follow up on outstanding / overdue assignments.
- Prepares weekly and monthly report.
- Request and follow up on delivery of office supplies and monitor usage.
- Ensures continuous availability of refreshment, phone credit, internet access.
- Prompt retirement of CWA.
- Develops effective recorder levels.
- Timely dispatch and management of memos / documents.
- Proper recording, distribution and tracking of mails.
- Preparation and dispatch of memo and letters.
- Delivery of mails to appropriate authorities.
- Proper filling and retrieval of documents/ acknowledgment.
- Initiate searches and file.
- Prompt reporting and follow up on maintenance of office equipment.
- Tracking and ensuring schedule maintenance of LSCS equipment.
- Collation of board pack/delivery.
- Printing of reports/ board packs.
- Procurement of refreshments for board, shareholder and management meetings.
- Effective cost management for refreshments procured.
- Follow up on prompt payment to External Counsel
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- LLB and BL.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a highly pressurized environment.
- Demonstrates professionalism, diplomacy, and the ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Sound organizational skills and thorough attention to details.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses a high level of discretion and calmly handles a demanding workload with conflicting priorities.
- Possesses a high level of integrity.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of people.
- Exudes oral and written communication skills.
Other Required Competencies:
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
- Takes full ownership and demonstrates focused determination to complete work on time.
- Ability to work as a team with minimal supervision.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Regularly meeting competing deadlines.
- Availability of office equipment / refreshment.
- Easy retrieval of documents by 3rd parties.
- Evidence of acknowledgement of dispatched mail.
- No overdue CWA.
- Office equipment are not use for private purpose.
- Equipment always in good working other.
- Board pack are intact error free printing /collation.
- Weekly and monthly reports.
- Improved turnaround of assignments.
- Refreshment adequacy for meetings.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2019 at 5:00 pm GMT.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4,