Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial Counselor Educator
Location: Cross River
Contract Period: Indefinite
- Perform counselling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counseling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or Diploma in Psychology, Counselling or any relevant Social science field is essential.
- Membership of a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Solid knowledge of human relations, social sciences and interpersonal relations is required.
- Fluency in English and Pidgin language is required.
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in similar relevant position is required.
- In addition, previous experience with MSF or other NGO will be highly beneficial.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Soft Copy) including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate/Exemption to: Msfocb-CRfirstname.lastname@example.org
In Hard Copy to:
MSF-Belgium Crossriver Office,
PP Barnmore Hotel, behind CRBC Station,
- Please include the title of the position (Psychosocial Counselor Educator) on the envelope or in the subject line of the email.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- The following vacancy is open to all citizens of Nigeria.