Alan & Grant Job for a Strategy Officer
Alan & Grant is a firm of consultants creating innovative HR & Enterprise Solutions. We focus on enabling performance improvements around our clients’ people, product and project concerns. We work with different organizations to conceptualize, build and deploy bespoke solutions aimed at improving overall performance and align workforce to long-term corporate objectives ensuring sustained growth and profitability in the process.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategy Officer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Job Type: Full time
- The Strategy Officer is responsible for business strategy development and planning, executing cross-cutting strategic initiatives, and driving business performance and management processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Strategy Manager to aid efforts geared at ensuring the proper articulation of business processes, business strategies and attainment of periodic goal and objectives.
- Provides necessary assistance to the Strategy Manager in the execution of the company’s vision, short- and long-term objectives, plan and policies.
- Interface with management team on project status and execution.
- Facilitates the implementation of broad policies governing all aspects of business operations and administrations, and help with analysis required for monitoring corporate performance to ascertain progress towards the attainment of stated business objectives.
- Charged with researching, assembling and analyzing highly complex data and other background material required for taking key day-to-day business decisions, commercialization of various arms of business and provide market analysis report on investment plan.
- Performs various forms of business, financial and technical analysis; compiles reports providing critical information to inform executive and board business decision making.
- Reviews business, projects plans and activity status reports to determine progress towards attaining objectives; suggests revisions, and required alignments to current business realities and conditions.
- Supports the Strategy Manager in the development of proper operating plans, budgets and broad policies governing all aspects of business operations and administration.
- Drive the overall vision, strategy, direction and goals for the business development function.
- Maintain a structured business intelligence database to support the identification and evaluation of opportunities for the various commercial arm of the business..
- Facilitate communication and understanding of initiatives and the prioritization of such based-on business logic and resource availability.
- Lead the department in providing expert system and project management knowledge.
- Provide key information to various internal and other stakeholders as regards regulatory issues, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, business performance and other pertinent issues.
- Provides input to the identification of business, regulatory, operational, performance risks and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Direct the development and preparation of various dashboards and other communication tools and lead cross-functional forums that provide regular updates/reviews on overall business and organisational performance.
- Develop deployment timeline, phasing plans and project plans, determine project structure, form committees and project teams as needed.
- Minimum of first Degree in any Science, Social Science/Business discipline.
- MBA preferred or Master’s in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Marketing or any other related business field.
- Ability to multi-task whilst still being able to pay attention to details.
- Good business acumen, business planning, financial knowledge, change management and people development skills.
- Excellent communication skill-verbal and written.
- Good negotiation and relationship management, planning and forecasting skills are imperative with a penchant for influencing other positively.
- Good data management and analysis expertise is required.
- Multi-functional experience working within a fast-paced and dynamic business environment is desirable.
- Minimum of 2-3years post qualification cognate experience
- Strong administrative skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to interface with and influence colleagues at various levels in the organisation.
- Good stakeholder management skill.
- Strong poise and etiquette are highly required
- Must be willing to travel on a short notice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply