Job For Officer – Loss Prevention (Lead) at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Loss Prevention (Lead)
Job Number: 19000U1I
Location: Sheraton Abuja Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria VIEW ON MAP
Job Category: Loss Prevention & Security
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Defuse guest/employee disturbances.
- Call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort unwelcome persons from the property.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintain confidentiality of all reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Provide proper paperwork to employees requiring outside medical treatment.
- Type, proofread, and copy security reports.
- Assist management in training, and motivating; serve as a role model.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time.
- Conduct key control audit, monitor electronic key boxes, issue/receive master keys, radios, and beepers; ensure the safekeeping of these items.
- Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions and alarm systems.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e. g., run, walk, jog).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply