Job Vacancies at Global Marori Mills Limited
Global Marori Mills Limited is an agro-allied company that is principally involved in agro processing, farming and rural development projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering and Production Manager
- This staff coordinates the production of milled rice, which basically comprises the operation and maintenance of the rice processing & parboiling machines.
- The production/operations department is basically made up of rice mill operation, maintenance and procurement units.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervision of all production personnel; organizing and monitoring work flow; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the production process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; developing reporting procedures and systems; and facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. Msc will be an added advantage
- 3 or more years of experience in engineering and production management.
- Sound Engineering Background with Exposure to latest Engineering Standards
- Problem Solving & Multi-Tasking
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word,Excel, Power and performance tools.
- Excellent time management skills
- Process orientated
- High level of attention to detail
Job Title: Finance Manager
- Reporting to the Managing Director, this staff contributes to the overall success of the company by effectively managing all financial operations in the Company.
- This staff oversees and directs the implementation of accounting procedures and coordinates timely preparation of budget, maintenance of cost records and management information reports in the most acceptable standard.
Strategic Financial Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the management and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures of the company.
- Assist in the development of an appropriate financial policy framework to guide and protect all financial operations and transactions.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met. Preparation of statutory accounts, financial statements in accordance with accounting standards, guidelines and statues including the production of financial returns as required.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, accounting policy, practice and current developments and advices management on relevant implications.
- Prepares timely and accurate monthly financial statements (balance sheet, statement of cash flows, and one-page management report).
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions in the company.
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output in pursuit of the business goals of the company.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Supervise all bank reconciliation and investment accounts.
- Oversees the preparation of the financial section in the annual report.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with approved budget, ensuring the business objectives of the company are met.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Assist the managing director with financial reporting as required at the board of directors’ meetings.
- Supervises staff payroll preparation and administration. Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure optimal deployment of financial resources to achieve business goals.
- Develop finance and accounting team goals that are fully aligned with the company’s business goals.
- Advise management on major financial issues as they arise.
- Manage and develop the staff within the finance department through staff supervision, appraisal, coaching and monitoring.
- Budget Preparation
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the managing director.
- Assist other departmental heads in preparation of budget for their various departments and units.
- Develops and recommends accounting and budgeting policies and procedures.
- Information Technology
- Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the company’s financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements.
- Advise on appropriate technology that meets the company’s information requirements and financial resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration/Economics
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations i.e. ICAN, ACCA required
- Three (3) or more financial experience and management experience, manage financials accounting systems, standard cost accounting, budgeting and treasury functions (Post ICAN/ACCA).
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills
- Principles and practices of municipal accounting, budgeting, and auditing.
- Accounting and financial-related computer software and the applications to assigned functions
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word, Excel, Power and performance tools.
Job Title: Business Development and Marketing Manager
- The business development and marketing manager is responsible for leading the growth of company’s sales, marketing of products and developing new business opportunities through both trade and consumer direct initiatives.
- A strong focus will be on developing and managing relationships with credible clients and industry partners and working with them on business growth opportunities beneficial to all parties.
Roles and Responsibilities
Includes but not limited to:
- Deliver frameworks for the creation of business development plans for individual trade partners.
- Create and manage an annual business development plan.
- Pro-actively identify new and different business opportunities to provide increased sales.
- Design an effective system to ensure the team provides accurate reports on existing and new business opportunities.
- Undertake a commission review on an annual basis to ensure sales reflect commission levels.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with identified key target agents.
- Maintain up to date with all industry trends, issues and news.
- Attend industry trade and consumer events along with networking opportunities and other relevant meetings/seminars.
- Develop a suite of ‘special’ offers on an annual basis that can be communicated effectively to eliminate last minute requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key industry partners.
- Manage the relationships with industry partners including negotiating of contracts, managing of commission structures, evaluation of industry discounts and familiarisations, ROI on co-operative marketing opportunities including brochure inclusion.
- Undertake domestic travel to service industry partners and for other business development opportunities as required.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and ensure all expenses are managed.
- Provide market, industry and competitive analysis and stay informed of competitive products in the marketplace.
- Coordinate and oversee the business development/marketing department; supervising all business activities and ensuring set marketing targets are achieved.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting is achieved and provided to the Managing Director in line with expectations.
- Develop a strong business development culture and create mechanisms to ensure seamless communication within the department.
- Lead a team of business development and sales executives to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising management on maximizing business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Regularly evaluate systems and processes to ensure that maximum efficiency is achieved.
- Ensure that operational and management issues are satisfactorily communicated and resolved.
- Actively ensure that business plans are achieved, and communication is strong.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- 3 or more years in marketing and business promotion
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Proposal/Technical report packaging
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting
- Public Speaking, Research, Writing
- Sales Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales team members
- Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning skills
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Title: Admin and HR Manager
- This staff will plan, direct and coordinate all administrative operations and duties in the Company.
- The admin/HR manager will also guide and manage the overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs for the company; anchored on human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Provides basic admin supplies for all departments.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Oversees and ensures employee compensation and benefits administration, as well as employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Minimum of first degree in Human Resource Management, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any related field. MBA or a Masters’ in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- 3 or more years experience in Human Resources Management
- Membership of CIPM or any relevant professional bodies.
- Basic ICT skills – (able to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and decision making skills
- Proven track record of progressive human resource experience
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Recruitment skills.
Job Title: Quantity Control, Logistics Control And Inventory Manager
- The QHSE Manager will coordinate and oversee all quality control/assurance checks in the company and ensure the compliance with health, safety and environment policies.
- He will monitor available supplies, materials, and products to ensure that customers and employees have access to the materials they need to minimize factory downtimes as well as timely evacuation of finished products.
- He will also oversee the logistic of mill operations.
- Liaise with Managing Director on formulation of QHSE Policies, objectives and targets.
- Manage the QHSE department staff and activities to meet company objectives.
- Devising ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspecting the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensuring product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Develop and maintain Corporate QHSE procedures.
- Review and help to develop QHSE competence standards and competence anchored on business operations and activities.
- Review and analyze data from audits, accident investigations, near misses, concessions, defect reports and customer complaints to identify adverse trends and implement preventive action.
- Ensure the company follows all legal and other requirements relating to HSE.
- Coordinate and liaise with company’s certification bodies.
- Provide QHSE support service to all departments/units, including guidance on QHSE legislation and issues.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer Skill – Microsoft word, Excel, Power and performance tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- 3 or more years of experience in quantity control, logistics and inventory management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject title when sending CV should be “Job Title”
Application Deadline 28th March, 2019.