Program Assistant Vacancy at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- Pact seeks a Program Assistant for an anticipated project that aims to strengthen rural economic development and improve commercial viability of mini-grids through productive use of renewable energy in Nigeria.
- The program will pilot, refine, and position for scale-up a financing model that offers low-interest financing for energy efficient electrical appliances and equipment to households and micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- The program will provide support to MSME to identify new business opportunities and enhance existing enterprises through energy use. It will ensure inclusivity and will work to provide new opportunities for women to participate and benefit from the program interventions.
- This position is contingent on award of funding. The Program Assistant will provide support to the Program team with delivering project activities to state and local government partners.
- Support implementation of community engagement activities in collaboration with the program team.
- Support advocacy with community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of use of energy efficient products.
- Support with organization of meetings with community leaders, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness of the financing model.
- Support training of stakeholders and partners, using BCC/IEC tools and materials developed for the project.
Monitoring & Evaluation role:
- Support the effective collection, collation and reporting of data as required.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Assist the monitoring and evaluation team and partners in program monitoring, evaluation and learning by:
- Assisting in tracking of partner’s activities – by attending partner’s events;
- Assisting partners on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality, reliability, and consistency in data collection efforts using Project M&E templates;
- Contribute to the review of all partner deliverables and milestones.
- Assist in identifying lessons learned from project implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
Report Writing role:
- Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as may be required.
- BA/B.Sc in Engineering, Demography or other related field.
- At least two (2) years of work experience in advocacy and community mobilization.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level.
- Understanding of local communities and cultures relevant to the state of interest and ability to communicate fluently in local language.
- Experience in social behavior change communication would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
Application Closing Date
27th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All CV/resume/applications must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.