Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning Officer Job at Pact West Africa (Nigeria)
Pact works across multiple sectors and actors to combat corruption, promote democracy and improve health. Our funding partners run the gamut from the U.S. Government to private foundations to corporations, and our on-the-ground partners include Nigerian ministries and civil society organizations focused on advocacy, democracy and health.
Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Results and Learning Officer
The Bill and Melinda Gates foundation funded State Accountability for Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) is strengthening public health systems and improving quality of care in northeastern Nigeria’s Gombe state. Specifically, the project is building the capacity of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency and its Local Government Authority structures to carry out their mandate to provide quality maternal, neonatal and child health services through the community primary health centers. The project is building community engagement and empowering women economically with Pact’s WORTH model so they can better provide for their own health and that of their children.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Result, and Learning Officer is ultimately responsible for ensuring timely, efficient and effective monitoring of the project.
Monitoring and Evaluation Role:
- Actively participate in the development and review of all routinely generated field level reports, with the emphasis being on analyzing and describing program results.
- Work closely with CSO and LGA partners to establish their internal MER systems, M&E plans, and data quality management.
- Support the implementation of program’s MERL systems, including establishing and updating the project’s database.
- Support data capture across program interventions and analyze data collected during monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Prepare monthly internal reports, including analysis of data, and contribute towards regular donor reports.
- Facilitate trainings and workshops, particularly those focusing on developing the capacity of CSO and LGA partner’s skills and abilities in monitoring and evaluation.
- Implement a system designed to identify lessons learned and disseminate timely information.
- Participate in program planning and implementation, contributing to work plans and M&E plans.
- Provide inputs into trainings and workshops, particularly around measuring output level data.
- Collaborate with project staff to identify and draft Success Stories, including documentation through photos and video.
- Work closely with program team to ensure documents are filed and archived appropriately.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/B.Sc. in Social Science, Demography, Public Health, Nursing, Psychology, or any other related field.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in designing, managing and implementing results-based MEL activities.
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for monitoring, evaluation and learning, including impact evaluation.
- Experience participating in field surveys – utilizing quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Experience in doing literature searches/desk review of documents to tease out relevant information for evidence based decision making.
- Proficiency in writing reports in English and communicating results clearly using graphs, charts, and other visuals.
- Proficiency with MS office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 28th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- All CV/resume/applications must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.