Job For Training Manager – Lake Chad Basin at the International NGO Safety Organisation
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) – Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Training Manager – Lake Chad Basin
INSO Nigeria Country Office
- Since becoming registered in Nigeria in 2016, INSO has developed a strong regional approach, supporting NGOs working on the Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries.
- The coordination office, which is based in Abuja, oversees two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon. An operational office in Diffa, Niger is currently under opening phase.
- We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Training Manager to be based in Abuja with frequent travels in the region.
- The primary aim of the post is the continued development and nation-wide delivery of various training courses to assist International NGOs in personal safety and security management trainings. In contrast to many training positions – an INSO Trainer is also responsible for monitoring and advising on the operational application of the training on an ongoing basis after the event.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced humanitarian training professional – curriculum development, delivery and impact monitoring – with a keen interest in INSO, the Nigerian context and a passion for capacity building of local NGOs.
- Responsible for the management of the training team and delivery requirements:
- Team management will include responsibility for the logistics and financial needs of the Training team in coordination with the Administration, Finance, and HR.
- Deployment of other training staff in support of delivery/ monitoring requirements.
- Development of annual training strategy and budget.
- Responsible for the delivery of:
- Basic & Advanced Security Management and Crisis Management Courses
- Hostile Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST)
- Hostile Environment First Aid Training – First Responder (HEFAT- FR)
- Design and incorporate monitoring and evaluation tool that allow for the ongoing adaptation and improvement of the security and crisis management courses over the period as well as the monitoring of the application of the module components in NGO operations.
- Manage the public perceptions of INSO’ work to establish and maintain recognition of its mandate for independence, impartiality and neutrality.
- Assist senior management staff in the day to day running of the country programme and provide support to operations where required.
- Develop, implement and oversee INSO internal staff development training for national and expatriate staff in the field of security management.
- Constantly review, evaluate and adapt to the context developed training materials as necessary and identify and suggest other training areas (through needs assessments) where INSO can add sustainable and operational value to NGO practice.
- Prepare post-training reports to the program manager with lessons learned and analysis
- Continually improve NGO Security & Crisis Management modules that enable local NGOs to develop their own comprehensive Security Plans and Policies based upon their specific programming, mandate, and needs.
- Experience working with diverse teams and able to organize people around a deadline driven events.
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline.
- Qualified Safety & Security Trainer with both academic and practical experience (prior military service, UN, law enforcement, etc. considered).
- At least 2 years providing training in the humanitarian safety sector, specifically at the field level.
- Experience in design, development and delivery of bespoke safety training curriculums for NGOs.
- At least 3 years working in volatile, conflict affected environments.
- Working knowledge of Nigeria and Lake Chad Basin neighbouring countries’ security dynamics.
- Ability to deliver trainings in both French and English.
Terms & Conditions
12-month contract with expected start date on or before 15th April 2019 €4,550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 calendar days of R&R every 3 months, global medical coverage, AD&D coverage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following below to: email@example.com and ensure to reference ‘INSO Training Manager – LCB’ in the subject line of your email. A failure to do this may result in your application not being opened:
- Cover letter (2 page max) – specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Up to date CV (5 page max).
- Up to three relevant pieces of evidence of your ability as a trainer. Evidence could include curriculums or modules you have developed, samples of your presentation material, a summary of feedback forms from participants, policy writing samples, etc.
Application Deadline 15th April, 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.