Job Openings at Young Readers Library
Young Readers Library – A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Reading Advocacy Partner Volunteer
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Warri-Delta, Port Harcourt-Rivers, Kaduna, Enugu, Kano, Ibadan-Oyo
Job Type: Part Time
Job Field: Education / Teaching Internships / Volunteering/Administrative /social media/content creating/Community service.
- We are currently in need of volunteers interested in volunteering in the area below:
- Reading Advocacy Partner (RAP) is a volunteering / mentoring scheme for both young people and professionals who are passionate about reading and are willing to mentor and motivate children to read and become the best they can be during and beyond the challenge.
Duties of this Role
- To assist the Library, supporting the organization in achieving long term goals, thereby improving your set skills to becoming better.
- To assist children read throughout the 30 books reading challenge.
- To serve as mentors and reading guides.
Skills & Experience Required / Desired
- The ability to cope with the duties and responsibilities of the post and the associated environment, including an understanding of health & safety.
- Must reside in either one of these cities; Abuja, Lagos, Warri, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Enugu, Ibadan, Kano
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND/MSc
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally with library staff, other volunteers and members of the public, especially children.
- Previous experience of working with children and participating in children’s activities.
- Reliable, confident and responsible individual, with enthusiasm and effective interpersonal skills.
- Child protection training
- Literacy skills and guidelines for journaling.
- A minimum of 3 weeks commitment is required.
- A credible reference will be needed as the role involves interaction with children.
- Must be available for at least 3 hours a week.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th May, 2019.
Note: Corp members are encouraged to apply.