Lead, Media Relations Job at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Lead, Media Relations
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Media relations and management
- Execute IBEDC’S corporate communication strategy at the region
- Supervision and monitoring of Regional communication officers
- Manage PR & Publicity and evaluation across the franchise
- Arrange courtesy calls to Govt. agencies, traditional rulers and private organizations.
- Media relations and management, media content development for press releases, interviews, coordination of daily media watch to keep abreast of happenings in the power sector, keeping of press cuttings/tags (data) for reference, press visits and courtesies, ensuring standardization of Corporate outlook with company’s corporate identity.
- Community engagements; work in sync with the RCOs, customer care unit to coordinate community relations meetings with specific communities across the regions on issues affecting our business operations and corporate goals.
- Develop and disseminate strong and strategic internal communication messages.
- Excellent organizational skills & priority setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills & diplomacy
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Conflict de-escalation & management
- Positive and constructive attitude in a versatile and volatile environment
- Community relationship management
- Media relationship management
Qualifications and Requirements
- M.Sc /MBA, Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or Humanities
- Member of NIPR, APCON or similar bodies is required
Desired Work Experience:
- At least 10 years post-graduation experience with at least 5 years cognate experience in media / public relations or corporate communications is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
9th April, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page opens, click on “Click here see vacancies” and select “Lead, Media Relations” to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.