Legal Officer – Personal & Business Banking Job at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer – Personal & Business Banking
Job ID: 38305
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Legal Services
- Governance: specialist advice about, and oversight of, the processes, laws and regulations governing our business, predominantly for directors, chief executives and executive committees.
- The Legal Officer is responsible for managing and reviewing legal documentation such as loan agreement, security agreement etc., before and after transactions on behalf of the PBB business units. The role will also be required to provide legal advisory in this regard
Client transactions management and documentation:
- Preparation/ Review of loan and security documentation for Client’s transactions.
- Preparation and review of all Bank Guarantees including Advance Payment Guarantees, Bonds and Indemnities
- Review and Confirmation of Bank Guarantees, Bonds and Indemnities to be issued to the Bank and those issued by the Bank to counterparties.
- Lien Placement and Release at the CSCS
- Preparation of Deeds of Release for Mortgages, Debentures and other charges to be issued to Customers on satisfaction of their repayment obligations to the Bank.
- Drafting of letters of instruction and following up with solicitors for perfection of the Bank’s security.
Legal documentation and advice:
- Reviewing legal document and providing general legal opinion and advice to the branches and unit within the business.
- Special duties
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor in Law or related field required
- Independent Assurance
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Legal Records and Related Systems
- Legal Knowledge
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online