Accounts Assistant Job at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: Accounts Assistant
- The Vice-Presidency for Finance (FIVP) oversees the financial management of the Bank Group.
- This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department / Division
- The primary purpose of the Banks’s administrative expenses is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds.
- The Division not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank in the management of expenses.
- Ensure the Banks’s financial rules and regulations are respected and all working procedures are adhered to in processing payments related to administrative expenses.
- This position is to perform verification of all types of payments and journal vouchers, except for loan-related and pension payments, to ensure correctness and proper application of international accounting standards in the treatment of transaction, to ensure effective transaction processing services which include effective controls over all financial transactions to safeguard the assets of the Bank and respective Grants, and to perform continuous business process improvement for administrative expense processes.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager, Administrative Expenses Division, the incumbent will administer and control all mission related payment processing for all staff and elected officers by performing the following functions:
- Organize, supervise and treat queries from clients regarding Travel payment requests, policies and procedures guiding the payment process, as well as ensure the logging of same using the relevant IT software for the Helpdesk.
- Assist provide first level technical /operational support to new and existing staff in implementation of new system enhancements, policies and procedures for all types of payments.
- Analyze logs and follow through of queries, and based on client feedback, report findings and make proposals as appropriate in order to improve internal procedures to provide greater client satisfaction.
- Utilize information from analysis of requests received as a basis to develop and maintain a comprehensive set of documentation which is easy to find, to access, to interpret and to act upon, regarding recurring matters of interest in respect of account payables and other payment requests such as documentation of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and other relevant documents on the division’s intranet Web page.
- Follow up the implementation of the relevant client service and quality procedures and recommend improvements in the service to clients and in quality of the deliveries, procedures and tools for the helpdesk, in order to ensure quality and client service.
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s information security and confidentiality policy in dissemination of payment information and ensure proper management of sensitive information.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of all relevant SAP system enhancement projects for the division.
- Liaise with the IT department and resolve all SAP technical issues encountered in utilization of the SAP Travel Module.
- Follow up to ensure timely submission of claims for Travel mission and other cash advances given to staff and follow up to ensure timely posting of related expenses in the general ledger in SAP.
- Ensure timely reimbursements and deductions from staff for processed mission claims and cash advance justification.
- Monitor and correct anomalies on any items on SAP exception list for the Missions payments and deductions to ensure successful injection in Payroll.
- Generate SAP Reports on Mission and Travel and follow-up of outstanding issues on Mission Status with other departments.
- Provide guidance to staff on the proper utilization of the Travel card as well as the proper utilization of the related SAP module in submission of such claims.
- Perform any other work related duties as assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accountancy.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position. Working experience in a similar Financial Multilateral institution or any other similar institution. Experience in accounting firm or audit firm is an advantage.
- Private sector experience is an added advantage.
- Accounting skills.
- Having an account payable experience.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with detail and convey accurate information.
- Strong communication skills and a commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative new approaches to activities.
- Ability to plan work schedules effectively in a busy work environment.
- Ability to apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Strong client orientation and ability to work in a team and develop strong relations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English or French. Preferably with working knowledge of the second language.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the utilization of SAP ERP system including SAP Travel Module and Microsoft office Software with proven ability to train others in the utilization of the programs.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position does not attract international terms and conditions (The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment).