Investment Operations Analyst Job at Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions)
Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Operations Analyst
- The investment operations job holder ensures compliance with the department’s standard operating procedures for all transactions.
- He/she will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties of the department.
- Confirm all previous day’s transactions and other expected inflows across all funds; advice portfolio management team as appropriate
- Maintain investment team archives; ensure all transaction justifications, instructions and confirmations are prepared and received when due and are filed correctly and easily retrievable
- Maintain and update archives of team strategy documents, agreements, policies etcetera
- Prepare daily investment and termination instructions
- Confirm contributions report on investment business application;
- Update all equity, fixed income and money market investments;
- Prepare and maintain daily and monthly asset allocation update;
- Prepare weekly collation of all investments;
- Conduct monthly reconciliation of team & fund account records/positions
- Conduct monthly equity reconciliation between Custodian and CSCS positions;
- Reconcile and follow up on outstanding dividends and bonuses with custodian, document and report any outstanding and elicit periodic status updates from custodian;
- Prepare, update and maintain monthly counterparty exposures versus limits
- Prepare transaction compliance reports:
- Monthly equity transaction reports
- Monthly primary market fixed income commission reports
- Portfolio Treasury Support:
- Support timely and efficient treasury management of all fund portfolios
- Ensure portfolio cash balances do not exceed internal limits
- Ensure counterparty exposure limits are not exceeded in money markets
- Advise portfolio management team of cash availability & counterparty exposure limits early in day
- Gather daily market interest rates and advise portfolio management team early in day
- First degree in a Numerate field; (preferably in Sciences, Engineering, Economics or Finance.)
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in support capacity at an investment/brokerage institution
- Strong interest in Global Financial Markets and keen intellectual curiosity
- Interest in enrolling in, and completing, the CFA program
- Team player with the ability to think and act independently
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Superior analytical & critical thinking skills; ability to make good decisions when faced with complex/ambiguous data
- High level of passion, integrity, creativity, inquisitiveness and self confidence.
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title as the subject of the email.