Nationwide Recruitment at PaulMac Publishers Limited
PaulMac Publishers is an innovation-driven publishing company which years of experience in the book industry have placed it in the echelon of the leading brands in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
- Sales executives sell a company’s products and services to individuals, businesses and government organisation as well as approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business, sales executives strive to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible.
As a sales executive, you’ll need to:
- Build good working relationships
- Understand the needs of your business customers
- Research the market and related products
- Present the product or service favourably and in a structured professional way face-to-face.
- Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Check the quantities of goods on display and in stock make accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations.
- Negotiate on delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Liaise with Head Office to check the progress of existing orders record sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations feed future buying trends back to the employers review your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
- Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Act as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement and close sales
- Gather market and customer information
- Although this area of work is open to all graduates, the following subjects may improve your chances: business, management or marketing.
- Academic qualifications are often less important than personality, attitude and abilities and a strong commercial awareness and excellent communication skills are particularly desirable attributes.
- Work experience: Desirable but not keenly required.
- You will need to have:
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- A good level of numeracy
- A full driving licence.
- The ability and desire to sell
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- The working culture created by management and colleagues can often be competitive and it is a male-dominated industry.
- Travel within a working day, overnight absence from home and overseas work are all common.
- Salaries are usually a combination of a basic salary (a guaranteed amount, regardless of sales made) and a bonus or commission (an amount based on the quantity sold). The combined amount is often referred to as on-target earnings (OTE). Commission may be calculated as a percentage of or a flat rate for every sale.
- It’s also possible to work on a commission-only basis, which means working without a basic salary and having an income based entirely on sales.
- Sales executives are generally expected to look professional and smart, particularly when liaising with clients.
Application Deadline 10th May, 2019.