Recruitment at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach – one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utility Operations Specialist
- The main objective of this position is to strengthen the financial and operational viability of the Taraba State Water Agency (TSWA) including addressing challenges related to organizational development and HR.
- In this respect the position will support the TSWA to have adequate capacity for budgeting, financial management including reporting, billing, collection and other revenue generation ventures
- This means developing accurate, transparent accounting systems and strengthen transparent financial management. Support the TSWA in budgeting processes for the utility operations, design appropriate tariffs based on the performance improvement plan and accurate and reliable customer data base
- Facilitate the development of appropriate organizational structures and other HR related functions for the transformed TSWA.
- Facilitating the development and execution of incentives and performance-based contracts including defining performance monitoring and assessment approaches with clearly defined KPIs.
- Support prioritization and use of public private partnerships to improve delivery of water and sanitation services. Identify innovative cost recovery mechanisms and service delivery models
- Support prioritization and use of local, own-source revenue to improve delivery of water and sanitation services.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master’s Degree in Finance, Commercialization, Economics, Organizational Development, HR or any of the accounting qualifications or such related fields.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Expertise in performance and utility performance improvement and specific expertise in areas including HR management, strategic planning, training and capacity building, financial management, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
- Experience in designing public/private partnership in any infrastructure sector though in the water and sanitation would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing and undertaking financial management systems, evidence-based budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of utility finance electricity or water i.e. cost structure of utility operations, major cost centers,
- Knowledge of the key components of a utility tariff and what to take into account when designing such a one.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- The Senior Accountant will support the Finance Manager in implementing RTI’s systems of accounting and internal controls in the processing of financial transactions
- The successful candidate is to ensure that all financial transactions are correctly processed and entered into the company’s accounting system in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Prepare statutory deductions remittance schedules and ensure timely remittance to the relevant authority.
- Record into QuickBooks accounting system all financial transactions.
- Allocate in QuickBooks vendor and customer accounts.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Support the Finance Manager in providing response to address monthly financial report compliance review comments.
- Review sub-grantees financial documents in consultation with the Grant Manager
- Provide back-stops for the Finance Manager during periods of his/her absence.
- Raise journal vouchers or adjusting journals for necessary reviews and approvals
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a professional Accounting training or a Chartered Accountant/Certified Public Accountant. An MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in the accounting/finance field
- At least three years of experience working for a USAID project is desirable.
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Ability to meet datelines.
- Experience in application of USAID rules & regulations.
- Proficient in MS Excel and strong working knowledge of accounting software
- QuickBooks proficiency is desired.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and carry out routine responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- An understanding of and commitment to RTI’s mission and values.
- Good team player and flexible while working with other colleagues.
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an Application Letter and CV as a single word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org The title/subject of your email and application should be position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation
- RTI is an equal opportunity employer and No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 26th April, 2019.