Job Opportunities at Hewlett Packard (HP) Lagos
Hewlett Packard (HP) is the largest technology solutions provider in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and worldwide. The company’s offerings span from IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices to global services, imaging and printing. Our customers are virtually everybody: consumers, small and medium sized companies, large corporations as well as Government institutions.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Enterprise Solutions Account Manager
Job ID: 3045237
- We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create.
- As an Enterprise Solutions Account Manager in HP’s Go-To-Market group, you have a win-win opportunity: Work directly with customers to lead delivery of all high-value and in-scope contracted services, then grow your own career through a variety of paths inside one of the world’s leading technology companies.
- Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP’s products and services better.
- Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
- Work closely with and supports account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C- level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
- May focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract- value renewals.
- Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.
- Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
Education and Experience Required
- University or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
- Typically 5-8 years advanced sales experience required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings, to be able to sell expansive systems or services and attached products.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of technical specialty — from proposal to contract sign-off
- Ability to take a deal through the sales cycle including closing or supporting the close of a deal.
- Demonstrates high service knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service- related information with account teams and customers.
- Understand the channel and work an effective plan to increase sales with our partners.
- Regular use of Siebel updating deal profile and forecasting accurately.
- Understands services as part of strategic product sales.
- Good prioritization and delegation skills in order to focus on the key client opportunities. Knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner solutions.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP’s solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Negotiates and drives deals to ensure successful closes and high win rate.
- Broad understanding of the customer needs; applies standard as well as creative solutions to meet those needs.
- Uses client engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to propose expansive systems or service solutions to client.
- Leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Translate product knowledge into customer’s added business value.
- Uses specialty knowledge to actively prospects within accounts to discover or cultivate sales opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Job Title: Anti-Counterfeit Supplies Business Manager, West Africa
Job ID: 3038681
- The general function of the Anti-Counterfeit Supplies Business Manager is to protect Large Enterprise and Public-sector customers across the West African region from illicit product offerings and falling victims to counterfeiters, by:
- Raising customer awareness to the CFT issue
- Assist customers in vendor selection process
- Assist customers to arrange validation of suspicious product deliveries (CDIs)
- Prevent resellers not authorized to sell HP from winning public or private tenders by “offering HP toners or inks”, and in this way indirectly ensure that authorized resellers win the tenders.
- Through close cooperation with the Investigations & Enforcement team (I&E team), identify resellers who could be selling pirated (counterfeit) products, document the delivered product, and coordinate CDIs to validate deliveries and handle communication with the end customer. The position is a central coordination point between local Sales, EMEA and local category ACF and local Investigations and enforcement.
- The Anti-Counterfeit Supplies Business Manager will report to Africa Supplies Sales Organization and will be fully integrated into the ACF Program functional team to ensure knowledge transfer and sharing.
- Source HP’s private and public customers and drive ACF-related communications to prepare them to purchase HP original products
- Communicate about the ACF program by phone, mail, and personal meetings to each identified end customer
- Provide information to customers about resellers with a current contract with HP
- Educate the purchasing decision-makers of each end customer about the processes and requirements that must be put in place to reduce as much as possible the chance of being sold counterfeit products
- Train the end customers to identify “suspicious” products that have been delivered according to POP materials or non-confidential information delivered by HP on its website
- Continuously review the public purchasing portal/information provided by I&E, to monitor the government segment in terms of purchases that involve HP products, quantify the purchase in specific formats, and make contact with purchasing decision-makers
- Prepare and analyze weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all the accounts in which he/she has taken part
- Document visits to clients with suspicious product with photos in the project formats and mail this information to the appropriate person(s)
- Support the end customers as a bridge so that HP, with regards to certificates, and the HP ACF team, with regard to products, can decide on whether documents or product are being delivered
- Support the other programs in clients that require it
- Build and maintain monthly reports for number and value of deals protected and recovered from CFT.
- University degree, preferably in technology studies and focus on sales
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience in printing supplies or computer equipment preferred
- Experience in managing public procurement bids
- Experience in carrying out staff training at companies in any area
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in an organized and structured way within and environment with stakeholders across multiple organizations
- Proactive and self-driven personality
- Customer-oriented and results-driven professional
- Fluency in French and English.
- Meeting quarterly and annual quotas set for each project
- Presenting the required reports in a timely and high-quality manner.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply