Admin & Accounting Assistant Position at Expertise France
Expertise France is the French public international cooperation agency. It designs and implements projects which aim to contribute to the balanced development of partner countries, in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda and the priorities of France’s external action.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin & Accounting Assistant (National Position)
- He/she will join a regional project to support the fight against human trafficking in the Gulf of Guinea.
- This 4 years project, funded by the EUTF and Expertise France (18M€), aims at strengthening the operational and strategic capacities of the relevant actors involved in the fight against human trafficking at the regional, national, and local level.
- Based in Abuja, the Assistant will join the project team composed of individuals based in Paris HQ, in the regional office in Abidjan and in the other countries covered by the project.
- The project team in Nigeria will be composed of a Project manager and the Admin & Accounting assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Regional Admin & Accounting Officer based in Abidjan, and in coordination with the Project Assistant in Paris HQ, the Admin & Accounting Assistant support the administrative, financial and logistical side of the activities held in Nigeria.
- Accounting work on a daily basis;
- Prepare necessary documents to initiate payments;
- Assist in supervising and giving advice as necessary to other staff to ensure their compliance with the required financial procedure;
- Control petty cash in the office.
- Fill in, check and organize accounting and admin documents (bills, cash slips, invoices, financial supporting documents, receipts);
- Publish job offers and calls on local platforms;
- Carry administrative follow-up of experts/consultants/participants in Nigeria (timesheets, perdiem, attendance sheets etc…).
- Carry administrative duties such as preparing meetings, typing notes, proofing documents, filing etc….
- Arrange the logistics surrounding events and activities held in Nigeria (steering committees, seminars, missions, trainings, regional events…): accommodation, travel, booking, catering, invites.
- Support the organisation of activities/events in other countries if needed;
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders;
- Follow-up on use and maintenance needs of project vehicle (logbook, gas…);
- Support the Regional Admin Officer and other team members when necessary.
- 3 years minimum of relevant work experience within humanitarian/development project;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Project Management;
- Previous experience with EU donor;
- Full professional English proficiency, French appreciated;
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative information);
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, communicate and present complex issues in simplified ways which is easily understood;
- Goal orientated with the ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Contract length: one year, renewable based on results.
- Type of contract: consultant
- Start date: asap
- Salary level: according to profile.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume, Cover Letter and 3 references with subject line “Assistant-TEH Abuja” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The selection process might entail a written test.