CARE International Job For a Crop Production-Agronomy Officer
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crop Production-Agronomy Officer
Location: Yunusari & Yusufari, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Project Manager Livelihood
- The Crop Production/Agronomy Officer will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of the 2019 Rainy Season component (crop production of the FAO funded project in Yobe state.
- She/he will be responsible for managing the crop and vegetable production component effectively and efficiently according to CARE and FAO systems and procedures.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
Responsibility No: 1 – Management of the crop and vegetable production component according to contractual requirements, operating priorities:
- Develop work plan in collaboration with project team members according to the proposal
- Make sure that specific project components are implemented according to contractual requirements, both in relation to project implementation and financial management
- Conduct periodic assessments to ensure project implementation is happening according to the agreed upon work plans and budgets
- Liaise closely with government other agencies working in the same geographic regions and/or sectors to ensure coordination and avoid overlap.
Responsibility No: 2 – Program quality of the project is ensured during each phase of the project implementation process:
- Conduct regular progress review meetings with field teams and stakeholders to ensure quality is maintained and address any problems
- Make sure collection of relevant information on outputs, outcomes and impact, in both qualitative and quantitative form, based on reporting formats
Responsibility No: 3 – Provide technical inputs:
- Provide technical input on agricultural practices to the beneficiaries together with government Agricultural personnel
- Conduct technical trainings to the beneficiaries to implement crop and vegetable interventions
- Visit field locations frequently to monitor crop and vegetable production activities of the beneficiaries
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) essential and fluency in at least one of the local languages, preferably Hausa
- Excellent community mobilization/ sensitization and communication skills
- Basic University Degree in Agriculture (Crop and horticultural)
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the development or humanitarian sector particularly food security, agricultural interventions, income generation or/ and livelihood projects
- Training skills particularly training of community
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work without direction;
- Excellent training skills
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location in Caps (THE JOB TITLE AND LOCATION) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 9th May, 2019.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.