Chief Engineer I Vacancy at Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer I
Job Number: 19001BRN
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Engineering and Facilities
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- Where timeless classics are woven with modern details. Where business meets pleasure. Where even when you’re global, you can experience the local. Designed for the independent traveler seeking balance, there’s Four Points.
- Manages all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection.
- Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory requirements. Leads the emergency response team for all facility issues.
Core Work Activities
Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets:
- Supervises Engineering in the absence of the Director of Engineering.
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
- Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective rooms maintenance program.
- Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Manages department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
- Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering.
Maintaining Property Standards:
- Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service:
- Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
- Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
- Supervises employee’s ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
- Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing. Or
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 2 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/electrical/plumbing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.