Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vaccine Security and Logistics Senior State Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN054
Contract Duration: 10 Months
- Support the development of annual State work plans and implementation of quarterly state work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with comprehensive Multi-year plan (cMYP) and articulation of a welt-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of State work plans for EPI (social mobilisation and vaccine security) to ensure conformity with the comprehensive Multi-year Plan (cMYP) and Effective Vaccine Management Improvement Plan (EVM IP) including articulation of a well-defined action tracker for monitoring implementation
- Support the development of State Logistics Working Group (SLVVG) Work Plans towards implementing the vaccine management standards and practices including bundling vaccines, maintaining stocks levels preparing and following optimised distribution plans of vaccine, devices and data tools for RI and SIAs and ensuring cold chain functionality and maintenance in line with Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) standards
- Review the temperature records of state cold stores and advocate for solving identified gaps such as ensuring timely repair and routine maintenance of cold chain equipment; backup generators are functional, adequate funds are provided to operate generator as required on continued basis and provide regular reports.
- Ensure that computerized temperature monitoring devices, provided to stores are functional and maintained, and Temperature Monitoring and Control (TMC) systems are adhered to
- Facilitate the development of a State Action Plans for implementation of the Polio and other SIAs including MNCHVVs in the target States and support their implementation
- Facilitate tracking progress of implementation of the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) improvement plans at state LGA and health facility level by the SCWC
- Serve as State technical advisors in cold chain management, delivery and distribution of vaccines for the polio eradication and routine immunisation programmes
- Assist with the implementation of guidelines and norms regarding cold chain and safety of immunization services delivery.
- Support the State team in ensuring timely planning and disbursement of funds to LGAs
- Develop specific related vaccine security and logistics strategies for reaching the hard to reach, nomadic and minority groups in the high risk within the State.
- Transfer of competences to State and LGA Cold Chain/logistics Officers on VSL issues
- Support capacity building of government and partners in Immunization with special emphasis on VSL taking into account the lessons learnt and new developments from the Effective Vaccine Management (EVM) processes and New Vaccine Introduction
- Support capacity building of State cold chain officers on new cold chain equipment technologies, in light of GAVI CCE optimisation systems, for effective cold chain planning in respective states
- Assist State/LGAs tn building cold chain and logistics equipment inventory and efficient equipment management systems, utilize same for needs assessment and provide corrective trainings as the need arises
- Support states in conducting trainings, supportive supervisions in vaccine management & logistics and cold chain maintenance
- Provide regular comprehensive bottleneck analysis of stock, cold chain operational status and coverage (RI & SIA) of states and support states in implementing the innovative solutions on a monthly basis.
- Support the CCC) & SIO to be conversant with the use of Navision and ensure completeness and accuracy of the data therein
- Undertake supportive supervisory field visits to LGA and communities to assess progress identify problems and propose remedial or alternative strategies or courses of actions to accelerate/improve quality of EPI delivery in the assigned State.
- Carry out any other duties in support of UNICEF led Health interventions as assigned by Supervisors or authority of UNICEF Field Office.
- Bachelor Degree in Business/Health/Material Management/Engineering or equivalent (minimal)
- At least 3 years progressively professional work experience with at least 1 year at providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, cold chain (OR) a Master’s degree in Public Health/Pharmacology, Business or Engineering.
- Experience in managing cold chain system for vaccines or other related medical supplies and providing Immunization services is an advantage.
- Fluency in English Language.
- Minimal Knowledge of any of the three major Nigerian languages is an added advantage.
- 2 to 3 years of experience of proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and coordinate logistics activities as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
- Good analytical and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work in an international or multicultural environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications including excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to monitor progress collect and analyse data effect corrections and prepare reports
- Weekly stock validation and submission of collated status of vaccine stocks on approved formats
- Weekly temperature monitoring reports, incidence management and tracking of implementation of CAPA system.
- Monthly stock validation and submission of collated status of vaccine stocks in approved formats
- Monthly RI and SIA (where applicable) vaccine utilisation reporting.
- Quarterly cold chain inventory status update and submission of updated IRP tool.
- Consultant must submit a detailed work plan to his/her supervisor at the beginning of the contract period for the entire contract period.
- Supervisors will have the flexibility to review with the Consultant as needed on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- A monthly progress report should be provided by each Consultant to their supervisor for payment of Consultants fees.
- A detailed assignment report will be requested at the end of the current contract period
Interested and qualified candidate should:Click here to apply
Job Title: WASH Senior State Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN052
Contract Duration: 11 Months
- Provide support for the harmonization and finalization of the Community WASH Registers Liaise with the State RUWASSAs and WASH Department to provide technical support for the distribution and dissemination for effective use.
- Support ward level training of WASHCOMs on the application and management of Community WASH Registers.
- Liaise with the LGA WASH Coordinators and support training for selected trainees in affected LGAs.
- Monitor communities where WASHCOMs are trained in each Ward to ascertain effective use of the registers and improved functionality.
- Carry out routine functionality assessment of WASHCOMs on maintenance of facilities and implementation of community Action Plan.
- Build Capacities of WASHCOMs to sustain functionality of WASH Facilities; promote safe hygiene behaviours and attain ODF status.
- Work with LGA WASH Unit to support accountability and responsiveness of communities to WASH issues as they occur.
- Document Human Interest Stories around WASHCOM work in communities.
- University Degree in Education, Social Sciences Public Health, Natural Science or other related technical fields.
- Fluency in English Language and good knowledge of the local language is desirable.
- At least 3 years of relevant national experience in instituting Community Management in WASH
- Proven analytical and planning skills and ability to think strategically.
- Excellent writing, reporting, diplomacy and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
- Community WASH Registers finalized and test-run in 10 communities for lessons
- List of Trainees (Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer) by their wards is submitted for 8 SHAWN States.
- Ward level trainings on application and management of Community WASH registers is carried out in 120 Wards within 8 SHAWN programme States.
- Monthly report on the progress of implementation.
- Monitor WASHCOM Federation on the implementation of WASH Voicing and document outcome.
- At least one Human Interest Story on WASHCOM Functionality experience per quarter.
Interested and qualified candidate should:Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th May, 2019.