Grant Officer – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) Job at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grant Officer – Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+)
- The Northern Nigeria Education Initiative Plus (NEI+) project works to improve the quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria, equitably and sustainably.
- The grant officer will be responsible for oversight of all grant’s activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position Is housed in Bauchi, Nigeria, reporting to Finance and Administration Officer and technically to the Grants Manager.
- Implement procedures and templates to be used for formulating, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and closing grants according to USAID regulations and the projects Grants Manual as assigned by the Grants manager
- Assist the Grants Manager to develop solicitations, coordinate the evaluation of applications, award grants, monitor and report on grantee activity implementation as appropriate
- Responsible for tracking of Learning facilitators timesheets submission on monthly basis, and CSO milestone reporting
- Monitor grantee contractual obligations to ensure compliance with USAID regulation
- Orient and mentor CSO5 on grants-management requirements, processes, and skills to deliver on target
- Responsible for collation, review and processing of Learning facilitators timesheets on monthly basis
- Responsible for scanning ail reports, maintaining grant files (electronic and manual) and ensuring that they are always up-to-date and readily be ascertained
- Coordinate and conduct all Grants activities outlined in the annual work-plan at the state level,
- Conduct financial management training and proposal preparation to CSO5
- Responsible for entering and maintaining the System for Management of Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART)
- Collaborate with other units especially; Access & Fragility, Community Mobilization and Monitoring & Evaluation to ensure data flow and activities are implemented according to requirements
- Other related duties as required by supervisors/management
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, B.sc Accounting preferred.
- 2-4 years’ experience in grant management, Including sub-award disbursements and reporting.
- Knowledgeable about USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS Word Document Or PDF to: email@example.com please specify the position in the subject line of the email.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Disability/Veteran.