Job For Procurement Officer at the Management Sciences for Health
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 13-10646
Group/Office: FAO (Finance, Admin, and Operations)
Dept/Unit: FAOBOP – FAO Business Operations
Project/Program: A000 – None Specified
Reports To: Senior Procurement Officer
- MSH seeks a procurement officer to be based in its Abuja, Nigeria office.
- The procurement officer will work closely with MSH’s field projects to provide procurement oversight in the form of training and mentoring to ensure compliance with MSH standards.
- The procurement officer will also be responsible for procuring goods and services for a portfolio of projects including those in francophone countries.
Procurement and Purchasing of Commercial Goods and Services – MSH Field Projects:
- Procurement of Commercial Goods and Services under Simplified Acquisition Threshold: Prepares documents such as Request for Quotations (RFQs) and complete terms and conditions, emails RFQs to vendors, tracks receipt of proposals, evaluates quotes, selects and notifies vendors, and ensures written prior approval is received from USAID, when required, prior to issuing a purchase order.
- Procurement of Commercial Goods and Commercial Services Over Simplified Acquisition Threshold: Develops formal solicitations for full and open competition of commercial goods and services for purchases over $100,000, including preparation of Requests for Proposal (RFPs). Includes placing legal notices, drafting Technical Evaluation Guidelines, coordinating review committee process, negotiating with vendors, preparing final source selection memo.
- Monitoring of Delegated Procurement Functions: Under the direction of the Senior Procurement Officer, provide oversight to field procurement to include training project procurement staff, providing oversight and mentoring to staff who will receive procurement delegation, and conduct spot checks of field procurement activities to ensure compliance with MSH policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent spoken and written English and French.
- Strong interpersonal skills possessing a keen sense of the collaborative spirit necessary for working within and across programs.
- Ability to manage competing and multiple deadlines.
- International travel required up to 40%.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Six years of significant relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and purchasing systems in the federal procurement arena preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in training and mentoring.
- High level of familiarity with USAID and federal procurement regulations preferred.
- Good computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply