Recruitment For Corporate Strategist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Strategist
Department: Strategy Department
Report to: Head, Strategy Department
Grade: Deputy Manager – Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, July 29, 2019
- The department advises executive and senior management on business portfolio strategies and cross-business strategic issues; partners with all divisions of the exchange to develop organic strategic initiatives; and provides analysis to assist with understanding key business drivers that influence the overall performance of the stock exchange.
- The Corporate Strategist will collaborate with the company’s operating divisions to drive strategic analysis and decisions, and will be responsible for implementing key external development opportunities, including partnerships, acquisitions and divestitures.
- The Corporate Strategist will work closely with team members within Strategy, leveraging market research and financial modelling skills.
- The Strategist will help develop recommendations for senior and executive management, and communicate these through effective oral and written presentations. Investment banking, private equity or management consulting backgrounds are excellent fits for this role. Key skills required include Financial Analysis, Investment Financial Modelling, Investment Financial Analysis, Financial Modelling and Excel.
- The Corporate Strategist reports directly to the Head of Strategy and supports the role in meeting the department’s short- and long-term goals and objectives.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Strategy department is responsible for driving the execution of the Exchange’s corporate strategy, including the assessment of business opportunities, growth initiatives and major re-structuring decisions, as well as for driving the NSE’s product strategy across the enterprise.
- Developing business plans for new opportunities
- Presenting of data analysis and research findings to senior and executive management
- Managing relationships with international trade associations
- Perform ad hoc analysis projects for the Chief Executive Officer
- Contribute to the development of corporate publications, e g Annual Reports, Annual Market Reviews, etc
- Prepare presentations for the Chief Executive Officer
- Participate in planning and brainstorming sessions for new business initiatives
- Driving strategic planning and executing corporate strategy
- Leading the implementation of initiatives that support the enterprise’s vision and direction
- Developing and overseeing initiatives that build corporate capabilities eg environmental scanning, industry benchmarking, functional planning
- Researching industries, competitors and emerging trends to scope new business opportunities
- Identifying investment opportunities and acquisition candidates, and performing financial valuations and due diligence of potential opportunities and acquisitions
- Creating financial models to evaluate business opportunities
Qualifications and Experience
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline from a top-tier institution; an MBA or other relevant graduate degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years post-National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) experience
- 2-4 years’ in a middle management position in investment banking or in a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Presentation
- Drive, Enthusiasm and Determination for getting the job done
- Research and Analysis
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Time Management & Multi-tasking abilities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd May, 2019.