Jobs at ActivEdge Technologies Limited
ActivEdge Technologies Limited is a Pan African Information Technology and Engineering Company, Specialized in Software development, Database and Analytics Solutions, Systems Integration, Systems Support, Consulting and Advisory Services. We are OEM distributors and VAR of a wide range of Strategic and Transformative IT Solution for the Public and Private Sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Sales Executive
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a pipeline of convertible sales opportunities, achieve sales targets and contribute to team target and progress meetings.
- Understand customers’ diverse, specific business needs and apply product knowledge to meet those needs.
- Present and demonstrate solutions to technical and business decision makers in the industry with accuracy and confidence
- Identify and develop new business through networking, courtesy or follow-up calls and prioritise to achieve best results.
- Provide High Level project cost Estimation (HLE) and quotes.
- Respond to tender documents; write reports and business support literature
- Provide leadership through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalise on ActivEdge’s competitive strengths to serve the customer’s needs while meeting ActivEdge’s business goals
- Identify and develop deal strategies, market pricing strategy, risk mitigation strategies and customer engagement to meet orders, sales margin and objectives.
- Network with existing customers in order to maintain links, influence key decision makers, promote additional products and upgrades.
- Maintain awareness and keep abreast of constantly changing technology and industry trends.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Fantastic interpersonal, presentation and negotiation skills
- Target driven and able to work towards the deadlines
- Fantastic customer-facing, presentation and communication skills
- Expert negotiation skills while working with vendors and clients.
- Familiar with the sales full life cycle and have both pre-sales and delivery experience
- Capable of prioritizing project conflicts and communicating realistic expectations to all project stakeholders
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trends (both technology and leadership) to help refine the IT Strategy.
- Solid knowledge of server, storage, database, cloud, application, IT infrastructure and virtualization
- Great understanding of operating systems, apps server, web technology, information security management
- Practical knowledge of database architecture, networking, high availability, failover, monitoring & management, Linux, and performance tuning
- Knowledge of Network concepts (e.g. WAN / LAN / VLANs), Cloud, IP Telephony systems/concepts, Virtualization environments e.g. VMWare.
- Experience with servers, virtualization, storage, networks, end user computing and disaster recovery, data center management.
Job Title: Back-End Developer
- We are looking for an analytical, result-driven Back-end Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes.
- The Back-end Developer will be responsible for analysis, design (UML), development and testing of AET internal products and also be accountable for building RESTful web-facing applications and optimized logic to facilitate the organization’s interaction with its client.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- A good working knowledge of SQL. Working with relational database systems such as MySQL or POSTGRESQL and non-relational database system such as MongoDB or Cassandra.
- Working with APIs to integrate systems and data endpoints.
- Participate in designs and code reviews and unit testing results of application. Passion for continuous improvement and positive attitude.
- Participate in designs and code reviews and unit testing results of application.
- Ensure design is in line with the user experience, usability and best practices. Affinity for agile methodologies –
- You love scrum.
- Responsible for bug fixing and problem solving, to ensure optimum customer/client experience
- Design, develop Intellectual Properties (IP) and manage product innovation.
- Leverage technology to create a competitive advantage for the company through its relationship with customers.
- Communicate project progress and attend meetings with key stakeholders such as UI/UX team members, line managers, etc.
- Developing clean/efficient and maintainable code using any of Java, Spring eco-system, Python etc.
- Containerized applications using Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Develop unit tests using JUNIT, Mockito, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of JAVA 8 and above, Spring Boot etc.
- Weblogic and Tomcat server
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Messaging/Queuing system: Kafka ecosystem, Camel, Redis
- Oracle, PostgresSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 24th May, 2019.