Recipe Formulation Officer Job at Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited
Fastizers Food and Confectionery Limited started with its first production of cookies 5 years ago, desiring to cater to its immediate community. This first batch of home-made Fastizers Cookies, produced with less than N1,000, got so much positive feedback it inspired the production of subsequent batches, however still on a small scale from a home-kitchen.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Recipe Formualtion Officer
- Research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts.
- Design and develop products & processes while ensuring Food Safety for consumers, fulfilling regulatory requirements and complying with Fastizers Quality Policies.
- Design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture.
- Develop new recipes as per management requirements.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones.
- Prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
- Run trials of new products
- Document and report on test runs and results. Identify any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations and discuss with management team.
- Coordinate launches of new products.
- Connect and use network to develop better and faster products & processes
- Work on packaging innovation and technology.
- Coordinate with external vendors for ingredients and other material needs in order to fulfill organizational needs.
- Work collaboratively and develop strong relationships with cross functional teams including; QA, Operations, and Procurement to solve key business issues and drive profitable growth.
- Actively participating in and encouraging improvement initiatives that improve our win rate and improve our new product scale up.
- Maintain high accurate documentation of the product development process
- Implement quality standards for the biscuits produced.
- Ensure that strict hygiene food safety standards are met and quality programs are followed.
- Seeks to continuously improve production and R&D processes through best practice.
- Check and improve safety and quality control procedures in the organization and suppliers’ factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- B.Tech Food Technology or related discipline
- Vast knowledge of biscuit/confectionery industry
- Knowledge of biscuits raw materials and processes.
- Product Development.
- Creative &Innovative thinking.
- Must be able to multi-task working on multiple items at any time.
- Packaging Development and Formulation.
- Analytical analysis of ingredients.
- Excellent communication &Interpersonal skills.
- Effective team player.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar role (Biscuit/Confectionery).
- Must be willing to live in Agbara or environs.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com