Human Resources Assistant II Job at Breakthrough Action-Nigeria
Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is a five-year (2017-2022), USAID-funded project. The goal of Breakthrough ACTION-Nigeria is to increase the practice of 17 priority individual and household level behaviors and five provider targeted behaviors in the areas of malaria; maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition; family planning and reproductive health (RH); and tuberculosis, while increasing the capacity of national and sub-national entities to coordinate and oversee quality SBC programming. Implementation will vary by health area across eleven states.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant II
- The HR Assistant will support the Senior HR Officer to carry out all Human Resources tasks in line with USAID rules and regulations as well as Johns Hopkins University rules and regulations.
- This position will work closely with all technical, finance and admin teams as well as serve as a liaison between the Abuja office and state teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Liaise with relevant staff (supervisors, unit heads etc.) to coordinate and prepare for new hire orientations;
- Responsible for ensuring new staff completes all relevant documents for the Personnel File;
- Prepare personnel action forms for new hires and forward to finance for addition to payroll;
- Responsible for maintaining consistently up-to-date Personnel records for all staff;
- Liaise with new hire supervisors, admin and IT in ensuring workspace and work tools are made ready for new hire (s);
- Manage leave administration and monthly time sheet processes and tracking;
- Coordinate administrative aspects of the recruitment process;
- In the absence of the Senior HR Officer, represent the HR unit in relevant meetings;
- Manage and update appropriate HR databases;
- Assist in all aspects of BA-N Independent Consultants’ (IC) management process including drafting of IC contracts and processing of independent consultants’ invoices;
- Occasionally send out HR communication to staff;
- Other duties as identified by supervisor.
- This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or a closely related discipline (Arts or Social Sciences) is required;
- A professional certificate (local or international) in HR is an added advantage;
- Membership of a relevant human resources certification body such as CIPMN is highly desirable;
- 2 – 4 years of HR specific experience on USAID/donor funded project (s) in Nigeria is required;
- Donor funded/NGO Contract & Consultancy Management experience is mandatory;
- Hands on experience working with key Ms. Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) is compulsory;
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Law is essential.
- Must be fluent in English
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com in PDF format The subject of the mail should be ‘Human Resources Assistant – Abuja’.