Job For Reports Officer, P-2 at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reports Officer, P-2
Job Number: 522691
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
How can you make a difference?
- Within the Management for Results (M4R) section and under the direction of the Resource Mobilization (RM) Specialist, the post incumbent will be responsible for timely editing and submission of high quality external communication, proposals and reports to donors in collaboration with programme sections.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a database of donors and funding materials in support of the country programme.
- Provide assistance in the lessons learnt from UNICEF’s operations experience for adoption of the best practices and standards for subsequent interventions. Collate and analyse data from national and field office locations, and prepare trend analysis.
- Support effective engagement with key partners and donors, establish an online partnership database with up to date in-country and HQ donor contacts, funding profiles and current regional/global funding status.
- Other duties to support the Office as may be required.
- Work with relevant programme sections and operations (as required) in the preparation of high quality funding proposals and donor reports by standardizing formats, contents and ensuring adherence to donor requirements. Provide quality assurance of reports and proposals.
- Maintain and improve a donor proposal database to track fundraising against programme needs and to inform the RM Specialist on development, submission status of proposals and to monitor funding received and utilized.
- Support the UNICEF team through information sharing and donor visit preparation and execution when required. Research and identify new and non-traditional funding sources, as appropriate, including humanitarian pooled/basket funds (e.g. Central Emergency Response Fund, Human Security Fund).
- University degree in Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Survey Implementation, Advanced Statistical Research or related field.
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other official UN language an asset
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at:
View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th June, 2019.
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.