Recruitment For Finance Officer at Nutrition International
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is a global organization dedicated to delivering proven nutrition interventions to those who need them most. Working in partnership with countries, donors and implementers, our experts conduct cutting-edge nutrition research, support critical policy formulation, and integrate nutrition into broader development programs. In more than 60 countries, primarily in Asia and Africa, Nutrition International nourishes people to nourish life.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract Type: National, Three years
Travel Requirements: No international travel is required for this position.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
- Processes procurement and service bills of suppliers, consultants and service providers.
- Maintain and updates the Fixed Asset Registers and supplies inventory records
- Provide effective support to country staff in understanding and implementing Nutrition International financial and administrative policies and procedures, including effective and regular use of the contracts database.
- Ensure the accuracy of Nigeria projects and contracts information entered in the Contracts Database and that all related milestones are kept up to date at all time by Program Officers.
- In liaison with the Country Director, with guidance and support from the Program Finance Manager – Africa Region, assist in the preparation and review of program and operational budgets.
- Support Country Director in reviewing programs and operational budgets variances on a monthly basis.
- Assist program staff in developing budgets for grant proposals and for Program documentation.
- In liaison with the Program Finance Manager – Africa Region and the Finance Director – Budgeting in HQ, ensure timely transmission of financial information required for donors reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations in the country.
- In liaison with the Senior Finance Officer – Africa Region and the Finance Director – Corporate Accounting in the Headquarters Office, coordinate annual statutory and internal audits, including preparation of financial statements, reports and supporting documentation as required.
- Effective management of cash flow.
- Effective documentation and management of all assets.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Any other related duties as requested
- Help Nutrition International Nigeria to achieve its strategic objectives by providing effective and efficient management on financial and administrative issues to Nutrition International Nigeria staff while working with the Corporate Services team in Regional office.
- Ensure the production of accurate and timely financial information for the country office, including reviewing financial transactions, journal entries, account reconciliations, financial analysis, and reports before they are submitted to the Regional Office.
- Responsible for processing weekly batch sheet and payments, TAs, Expense reports and submission to RO.
- Preparation and submission of mid month and month end financial reports of the country offices
- Cash flow management and replenishment processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- At least 5 years accounting experience and a minimum of 3 years in a donor funded organizations/projects.
- Solid knowledge of generally acceptable accounting practices, financial systems, budget and cash flow monitoring and accounting controls, in an international context.
- Fluent English
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Sound management skills, both financial and human resources
- Solid planning and organizing abilities
- Attention to details
- Problem solving
- Client service orientation.
- Solid knowledge of accounting software, Great Plains, QuickBooks or Peachtree an asset
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of data bases
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
N6,306,885 per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 17th June, 2019.