Job For Program Manager II at Microsoft Nigeria
Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager II
Job number: 634094
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: Individual Contributor
- The Microsoft device ecosystem is evolving rapidly. The natural, ambient, and context-aware experiences that the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge enables requires a constant flow of updates to keep the edge up to date and secure. This includes frequent update of AI that powers inference at the edge and in the cloud.
- The Windows ecosystem is a community of a billion devices with unmatched diversity of hardware and software, competitors, form-factors, and frequent releases.
- Ensuring windows devices are update-to-date and secure is at the core of Windows as a Service (WaaS).
- As we’ve evolved our Windows Update capability for a SaaS delivery model, we’ve learned how important it is for the update experience to harmonize with our mission to empower users to be more productive. User experience and productivity is materially impacted when updates go wrong, when updates aren’t coordinated, or when updates aren’t installed in a timely manner. This is as true on PCs and Macs as it is on digital signs, security cameras, connected vehicles and other IoT device workloads.
- Microsoft is uniquely positioned, with our cloud and intelligence capabilities and a track record of performing software servicing and delivery at unmatched scale, and experience that disappears into the background of modern life and modern work.
- Our teams charter is to build an Azure service aimed at our enterprise customers and partners that can drive efficiency into their app validation workloads, with intelligence and tools to manage it. We believe in being experimental, learning constantly, being scrappy while bringing order to disorder, helping each other as humans and professionals to be our best possible selves. We believe great ideas come from a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and cognitive styles.
- We actively create an environment where everyone’s ideas can be heard and can contribute toward a much better end result. We live and breathe Microsoft’s mission to empower every single person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
- Translate customer demand signals into release priorities, and ensure business growth
- Engage directly with customers, ISV’s and SI’s, at the CIO/CTO level, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships.
- Discover innovation scenarios that make Azure the cloud of choice for app validation.
- Establish adoption strategies and execution plans to drive growth
- Drive decisive action in partnership with other Microsoft field team and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners.
- Remove customer barriers to cloud adoption around the world.
- Minimum of 4 years product development engineering experience with at least 2 years as a Program Manager.
- Detail oriented and results driven.
- Excellent skill in authoring precision functional specifications.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and with ambiguity.
- Technical depth in feature and cross-dependency architectures.
- Ability to understand a range of hardware/software technologies.
- Ability to drive clarity in chaos and organize people’s workload
- Strong focus on engineering excellence and culture
- Ability to work well with and articulate ideas to people: customers, developers, UX designers, executives
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks:
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply